Hardwired New Build, need guidance please

Just moved into our new home. It is pre-wired with a Honeywell system and Vista Panel. I’d like to know what equipment should I buy? I had Qolsys 2 before and we liked it, so we’d prefer to get the same. Which panel would work best? What else do I need to get to do the takeover? Also, guidance on setting up everything to include installtion, setting up zones/sensors. I’d like to get fire alarm listener, glass break, 2 ADC compatible deadbolts, video doorbell, and we already have a MyQ capable garage opener so instructions on getting that setup on ADC would be greatly appreciated. I’m eager to get back on ADC and back to Surety. Thank you in advance!

If you were a fan of the IQ Panel 2, the current IQ Panel 4 uses the same user interface. The IQ Panel 4 is the panel we recommend and sell.

Are all of your existing sensors wired? If there are any wireless ones you should consider using a 345Mhz IQ Panel 4 to make use of existing wireless sensors. If they are all wired, the standard 319.5Mhz model in our bundles linked above would be recommended.

Various guides are available for programming depending on the panel type you choose. Assuming the 319.5Mhz IQ Panel 4 is used, a sensor guide is below:

Here you can find a Z-wave guide:

These are the same as the steps in the IQ Panel 2.

For hardwired sensors, you can reuse them with a wired to wireless translator. Options for the 319.5Mhz IQ Panel 4 are below:

For automation devices, Alarm.com maintains a list of officially supported devices here. I would recommend choosing a lock from that list.

MyQ is an optional add-on you can select after activation, within our system manager. Steps to link MyQ then with your account are below:

Thank you for the reply Jason.

Blockquote Are all of your existing sensors wired? If there are any wireless ones you should consider using a 345Mhz IQ Panel 4 to make use of existing wireless sensors. If they are all wired, the standard 319.5Mhz model in our bundles linked above would be recommended.

All of the existing sensors are hardwired, there are no wireless sensors at this time. However, I am interested in the 345Mhz IQ Panel 4 anyways since I have been told it has better communication reliability, does Surety offer that? I don’t see it in the Products section.

We have the Vista-20P panel, what module of the below list would work best to do the takeover for the hardwired sensors for IQ Panel 4? What are the differences? Pros and Cons between them?

• IQ Hardwire PowerG
  • Qolsys IQ Hardwire 16F (Small Enclosure)
  • 2GIG Super Switch Take Over Module

However, I am interested in the 345Mhz IQ Panel 4 anyways since I have been told it has better communication reliability, does Surety offer that? I don’t see it in the Products section.

Is the suggestion that 345 is more better than 319.5 as a protocol? I’m not sure the source of that but it isn’t really accurate.

The Qolsys S-Line 319.5 Mhz sensors in fact typically advertise a wider range than 345 sensors, (600 ft open air, vs 350 ft open air) and are encrypted. The 345Mhz version of the IQ Panel 4 cannot use encrypted E-series 345Mhz sensors.

Either is fine and personal choice, but I just want to help you decide with good info.

The 345Mhz version is a little more expensive, and available below:

IQ Hardwire PowerG
Qolsys IQ Hardwire 16F (Small Enclosure)
2GIG Super Switch Take Over Module

The 2GIG TAKE-345 is only compatible with the 345Mhz version of the panel.

The IQ Hardwire 16F is only compatible with the 319.5Mhz version of the panel.

The IQ Hardwire PowerG is compatible with both, all IQ Panel 4s have a PowerG radio.

The PowerG and Hardwire 16 come with their own power supplies and replace the old wired panel entirely. PowerG has much farther range than the other two.

The 2GIG TAKE-345 has to use either the existing old panel for its power supply and battery charging circuit or a separate replacement power supply and battery backup circuit like an AL624.

Manuals/data sheets can be found linked on the product pages in our store.

I just went through this with a pre-existing hard wired house. You may want to consider the IQ Pro panel in the metal case. It has an external antenna for the cellular connection. It can wire up all of your wired sensors and can be extended by adding boards. You can then use the IQ remote panels/screens.

Do you mean that if I get the IQ Pro panel, that will act as translator and I don’t even have to get the IQ 4 Panel?

The IQ Pro is a more traditional style system and has wired sensor inputs so a wired to wireless translator would not be needed.

Is it still ADC and automation compatible then?

Yes, the IQ Pro is compatible and can be used to activate service.

Can you please provide the product link from Surety? I have the hardest time finding products on this website for some reason

We do not sell the IQ Pro at this time. It would need to be sourced from another vendor online. You can activate compatible equipment on service plans through our website even if purchased elsewhere.

https://qolsys.com/iq-pro/

Oh wow, I thought it was going to be a cheaper alternative but boy was I wrong :sweat_smile:

Not sure what numbers you are looking at.

The pricing on the IQ Pro is about the same as an IQP 4 screen. So if you don’t need a screen and you are happy using an app on your phone this is actually cheaper than having an IQP plus a hardwire to Powerg adapter.

Between 400 and 500 for the IQ Pro.

If you want a screen you can then get the IQ Remote PG screen and link it to the IQ Pro. Those are about 225.

It’s listed here for like $950, so that’s what I was going off of

Well, that’s a kit. You can find many other options. I’d link to some but out of respect for Surety I’ll just say you can find them cheaper than your link.