Go!Bridge Installation Error

I am having a problem learning in my new go bridge. This is the error message when I tap the learn button on panel. “No available Radio Channel for this Device Type- Please refer to the installation manual to determine the limits and prerequisites for 900 MHz devices.”

I updated the firmware to v1.12 and have the 900mhz module.

No available Radio Channel for this Device Type

Seems to suggest an issue with transceiver. Does your transceiver have a swiggly antenna? Try reseting it.

Did you enable Q92(1)?

Yeah it has a swiggly antenna. By reseting it, do you mean just disconnecting power from the panel? Yep I enabled Q92 and then when I have the option to learn in device I get the error message above.

I have image sensors and a TS1 which I believe use the 900MHz transceiver. Those devices are still working fine fyi.

Sometimes the transceiver gets out of place with how its seated in the panel, one such catalyst is when the cable is used for updates to the firmware. Have you tried removing the trans and “reinstalling” it to check its seated properly still? Update: If this was a problem, I wouldn’t expect your other items that require it to still be working properly though. Missed that when I initially read your last response.

I have image sensors and a TS1 which I believe use the 900MHz transceiver. Those devices are still working fine fyi.

If that’s the case, then the transceiver is fine, and is properly seated.

I did take out the transceiver during the firmware update since the cable wouldn’t go in without pushing on the antenna pretty good. I was worried I might damage the antenna if it was bent too far. Is this my problem? Does the firmware update do something to the transceiver as well? Should I just reflash with the transceiver plugged in?

Thanks for the help btw

How far is the bridge from the panel when you try to pair it?

OK that was my thinking too, but I thought I would throw it out there just in case. :slight_smile:

How far is the bridge from panel? When you attempt to learn it?

Its in the next room over, maybe 30ft through a couple walls. I don’t even get a chance to push the button on the bridge. As soon as I hit the learn button on panel I get the error.

I don’t have a network connection in the room with the panel, but I can string a cable across the floor if you think that would help.

Just to clarify, you are connecting the GoBridge to an ethernet cable, correct?

Yeah Cat6. I meant I can run an ethernet cable from my router to closer to the panel for the bridge :wink:

Take panel off wall (keep it powered up on batteries), and move it right next to the powered up bridge, and try again

Nope same error. Here is a pic https://www.dropbox.com/s/y7a209htqpzapqf/2015-01-10%2016.39.26.jpg?dl=0

What colors and on/off flashing etc. do you see on the front status LED’s of the Go!Bridge? (It likely is a direct issue on the panel, but you never know.)

I do not think a firmware update would have any effect on the transceiver itself.

As stated in the instructions, to be in UL compliance, the Go!Bridge must be in the same room as the router. Regardless, 30 feet should have no detrimental impact unless the intervening walls are mostly metal.

Have you tried a full power cycle on the 2Gig Control Panel and then re-attempt?

What colors and on/off flashing etc. do you see on the front status LED's of the Go!Bridge? (It likely is a direct issue on the panel, but you never know.)

Top LED is solid green and bottom LED is flashing red.

As stated in the instructions, to be in UL compliance, the Go!Bridge must be in the same room as the router. Regardless, 30 feet should have no detrimental impact unless the intervening walls are mostly metal.

I have the bridge right next to the router and the main panel is about 30ft away.

Have you tried a full power cycle on the 2Gig Control Panel and then re-attempt?

Just did and had the same outcome :frowning:

How are you programming the bridge? Show screenshots

Can you post an image of the panel just before you would press the learn button? Does your panel read “Q: Network Device ID (Read Only)” ?

I go to system configuration, then tap “go to” then 92

Hit the right arrow to change to this

Then hit the down arrow to get to this

As soon as I hit the learn button I get the error.

Reset the go bridge, and restore factory settings via reset button. Do not connect the Ethernet cable to to IP communicator. Make sure panel and bridge are near each other before learning (take panel off wall and move to bridge if necessary).

Verify the Two LED’s are RED

Source: http://www.2gigforum.com/threads/190-Installing-Programming-Go!Bridge-(BRDG1)?p=545#post545