Go!Bridge Installation Error

OK I need to head out of the house for a while. I will reset the bridge when I get back and let you guys know what happens.

Thanks!!

OK I reset the bridge, but the error message still occurs. Any other ideas?

How many Image sensors, and TS1’s are installed on your panel? This is the only bridge you have, never previously tried to learn another bridge? correct?

3 image sensors, 1 TS1 and just this 1 bridge. Just saw your edit. Yeah this is the only bridge I have ever had.

3 image sensors, 1 TS1 and just this 1 bridge

Might want to push this up to 2GIG then, find out would could cause this error considering you have other 900MHz devices installing and working (which seems to eliminate the XCVR2 as a problem).

"No available Radio Channel for this Device Type- Please refer to the installation manual to determine the limits and prerequisites for 900 MHz devices."

Perhaps the bridge is defective…?

My understanding is the panel/XCVR2 should easily support:

(4) TS1 panels
(3) Images Sensors
(1) IP bridge

Perhaps this is incorrect, and there is a limit to how many 900MHz devices can be used?

Just out curiosity…

Remove one of the 900MHz devices from panel, then try learning the bridge…

If it still gives the error, it would suggest an issue with the bridge itself. If it on the other hand, installs and pairs/learns the bridge, that suggests a 4 “channel” 900MHz device max for panel/XCVR2.

I have been told by 2gig support the same limits rive mentioned, but had the same thought given the nature of the error message. I would suggest attempting to remove one of the image sensors in particular and then attempt to pair the bridge.

Obviously this is not a solution, but a troubleshooting step.

I wont have time to mess with it anymore tonight, but I will remove a device in the morning and see if that does the trick.

My understanding is the panel/XCVR2 should easily support: (4) TS1 panels (3) Images Sensors (1) IP bridge
I have been told by 2gig support the same limits rive mentioned

The funny thing I don’t understand about all this is the artificial IS limitation…why only three? The keypads/TS1’s make sense as the panel only supports a max of 4 keypads regardless of whether or not they are PAD1’s or TS1’s, but there is no such limit on the PIR motion detectors, so why only 3 Image sensors?

Originally when the XCVR2 support for 900MHz devices came out (v1.8) I don’t think they envisioned up to (8) 900MHz devices installed at once, so…perhaps there is the artificial limit of (4) devices on the 900MHz channel…

If that is the case, 2GIG needs to resolve that ASAP.

Still though, can someone explain the arbitrary limit of only 3 IS’s…why only 3?

Well I have some good and bad news. The good news is I got the bridge programmed in. Bad news is I had to remove an image sensor to do it… Not too happy about that :frowning: Seems like there is a 4 device limit on 900MHz.

I suspect this wont be fixed till v1.13 firmware (which may push back its release to address the 900MHz channel limitation).

@diyuser9

Have you tried to relearn/pair the IS afterwards? Just out of curiousity, I want to see if you get the channel error again (but for the Image Sensor).

Its also possible it could just be a bug in the implementation of the software as it relates to the bridge, in other words, once the bridge is properly paired/learned in, it may allow the other 900MHz devices to also have an available channel, and be learned in.

I had my fingers crossed, but unfortunately I get the same error when I try to learn in the image sensor now.

Try this…remove the TS1, see if you can then pair the Image Sensor.

I wonder if the panel is seeing the bridge like a Image sensor device (to which it has a limitation of 3 only)

If you remove the TS1, and the IS pair/learn still gives the no available channel error, then that the issue at hand.

If the IS pairs/learns, then its an issue with a limitation of (4) 900 MHz devices (or possibly indicates a defective panel/XCVR2, if the issue cannot be reproduced)

I am awaiting confirmation from a product engineer, but I have finally received word that the GoBridge uses an image sensor slot to learn in. This is not a bug. (Why this isn’t documented in the product literature I have no idea.)

I am awaiting confirmation from a product engineer, but I have finally received word that the GoBridge uses an image sensor slot to learn in...(Why this isn't documented in the product literature I have no idea.)

Suspected that…the panel sees it as an IS channel device…

I dunno, but it sounds to me like 2GIG “forgot” to increase the available IS device type channels in firmware 1.12 (which was released just to pretty much support the bridge) to, say, I dunno…four?

D’oh! (Sounds like a bug…considering the panel no longer supports the devices it is supposed to according to its own literature)

…and if its not a software issue (but instead a hardware one), you woulda think that 2GIG in its infinite wisdom would have designed/released a “XCVR3” so as to increase available channels.

In summary, my conclusion is as follows:

The blind leading the blind at Nortek Security & Control...

I would agree with Homer’s exasperation. Although what I meant by “not a bug” is that it sounds like a conscious design choice, or rather the omission of a fourth image sensor channel wasn’t an unforeseen error. It is possibly a self-imposed limitation of some sort, but I am only spit-balling without confirmation yet. Perhaps with desire (and demand) to release the Bridge, a calculated baby step was chosen to make sure they do not overwhelm the panel’s capabilities. It is a security system, after all.

I will inquire whether this is intended as a temporary limit or if it is truly hardware related.

I received confirmation from their engineers. The Go!Bridge is in fact designed to and must use an image sensor slot for communication with a system. I was informed they will be adding this to their documentation soon.

Sorry to revive an older thread but it seems appropriate.

Has the system limitation described in this thread been addressed in firmware version 1.13 since it is out now? Can the Go!Bridge be used in a system that already has 3 Image Sensors paired?

I’m hoping that 2Gig addressed the actual problem rather than just adjust the documentation to match the performance restriction. That would be a truly lame maneuver on their part.

Using an IS slot for communication is the intended function of the GoBridge, not an error.

The error was omitting this from initial documentation.

Whether they will be opening additional IS communication channels is unknown.