GD00Z-5 GC3 ADD

I need to drop my current garage door Liftmaster MyQ from my ADC account and add two linear GD00Z-5 units.
I cannot find a way to delete my MyQ units from the ADC sites.
If you will delete then can I then add the GD00Z units?

If you will delete then can I then add the GD00Z units?

You can add the GD00Z devices at any time. These are not added through Alarm.com. They are added the same as any other Z-wave device at the panel. On a GC3: System Settings - Installer Code - Smart Home Settings.

Looks like customer service has removed those MyQ devices for you.

I added through the smart home setting and it shows up a node 9 but it has a red lock image with a line through it.
When I try to configure the node it just works for a minute and goes back to lock

When I do a smart home check network it gives me a failed node at 9

A couple things to verify:

The GD00Z5 will require 3.0.2 firmware to function properly.

How far away was the GD00Z5 when you tried to learn it in? Try bringing the GD00Z5 and panel close together and then learn the device in. Any change?

It is 3.0.2
I took the unit down and brought it 3 feet from GC3
Removed the node 9 and then reset GD00Z and added it back as node 10
It did the same after completion
It gave me the following message after adding node 10
" Device added but configuration is taking longer than usual and will continue in the background"
“OK”
I waited several minutes then hit the “OK” icon and continued
with the same results
Failed node 10 and a lock next to the node identification just like it did on the node 9

Doc-May-1-2017-10-12-AM.pdf (103 KB)

Can you check on the product label and ensure it is the GD00Z-5, not 4, etc.

Do you still have it learned in the panel or have you since removed it? Interestingly I’m not seeing even a failed/malfunctioning node being passed to ADC.

Double checked it is GD00Z-5
I have 2 units and the are both the same I have added each of them and deleted them
with the same results?

This is what I see on GC3 unit

Doc-May-1-2017-10-50-AM.pdf (144 KB)

Just to clarify, you say you have added and deleted them, can you please add one and leave it learned into the panel? I know it has an error but I am curious to see if it will populate in the ADC back-end and if we might be able to assist with troubleshooting remotely.

Do you have one learned in on the panel right now?

Correct node 10 has been added for the last 45 minutes
If I hit the configure key I get the attached screen
It tries to configure then fails then goes back to the attached screen

Doc-May-1-2017-10-59-AM.pdf (157 KB)

Ok, thanks for confirming. What is strange is that the panel is not passing any info on this new device to ADC when we try to update the equipment list. I would expect the device to show up with a malfunction indicating secure network keys have been unsuccessful.

Could you try powering down the GC3 for a minute, unplug the power transformer then the battery, wait a minute, then plug in the battery and transformer again.

Afterward, try learning in one of the GD00Z-5. Any change?

Did the reboot of GC3 as instructed,
Removed Node 10
Added Node 11 Garage Door
Rediscovered but this time I let the information icon
” Device added but configuration is taking longer than usual and will continue in the background”
set for 10 minutes before hitting OK
still the same issues
Checked network and get a node 11 failure

I now you said there is no link between deleting empower/garage myQ to the GD00z-Z???
Question of firmware?

I now you said there is no link between deleting empower/garage myQ to the GD00z-Z??? Question of firmware?

No, there is no link between MyQ devices and Z-wave devices. One has no impact on the other in any way.

2GIG Confirmed that the icon you are seeing indicates incomplete secure enrollment. One thing that was suggested was a reset of the Z-wave Radio. Unfortunately this would require re-learning the other Z-wave Devices on the panel. It looks like there are 6 others.

If you would like to try this: System Settings - Installer Code - Smart Home Settings - Advanced Settings - Reset Controller.

I would suggest to try to learn in the GD00Z-5 first after the reset and see if it was successful.

Reset controller
Learned GD00Z-5 with same results
” Device added but configuration is taking longer than usual and will continue in the background”
No devices are listed on my em power ADC account
?

Can you post a photo of the label of one of those GD00Z-5s? We’d like to shoot it over to 2GIG to look into. Preferably a photo with the serial and model numbers

I tried the other unit with the same results
Attached are pictures of units with SN and model number
both units require repeated tries before they connect to GC3

Thank you. We have the images and will forward them to 2GIG. We’ll update here with further troubleshooting suggestions. It sounds like there is an unknown error occurring.

I had to send again file was to large

No, we got it and deleted from the post. This should be everything needed to help determine the error.