GC3 Firmware Issue Daily Reboot

My 2GIG GC3 panel appears to be announcing “System disarmed, not ready to arm” on a daily basis. This usually occurs between the 4-5pm. Any advice? It looks like its been doing this since I updated to the 3.2 firmware.

Looking into this it appears that your panel is actually reporting that your panel has “Non production Firmware.” However, your panel reports having FW 3.2.1, which is production FW from 2GIG.

It also appears that your panel is rebooting every day around this time, can you confirm? How long has it been since you updated the firmware ?

What is the FW version and Build version reporting locally? To check, from the home screen navigate to System Info and Usage -> System Info

To troubleshoot, we would like to send a remote hard reboot command to the panel at this time, is that okay?

If not, when able, you will want to completely power down your panel, transformer first, then internal battery. Next remove the cellular module and wait about five minutes. Then reinsert the module, plug in the battery and lastly the transformer. Do you still notice the voice annunciation/reboot?

Exact same issue, including the time of day that it happens. I tried a reboot and it still happens.

From above a few additional things to help us nail down the cause:

How long has it been since you updated the firmware?

What is the FW version and Build version reporting locally? To check, from the home screen navigate to System Info and Usage -> System Info

It has been doing this since I upgraded to 3.2.0, now it is on V3.2.1.6653 and still does it.

Do you happen to recall how far back it was when you updated to 3.2 and the reboot started occurring?

Regarding the 3.2.1 firmware, was this updated via USB and where did you obtain the update file from?

Have reached out to 2GIG regarding the issue and am hoping to hear back from them soon. Will update here with more information.

https://www.alarmgrid.com/downloads/2gig-gc3-firmware-updates

USB. I have used the same file on several other panels that I manage for clients. It was maybe 1-2 months ago.

It looks like there is more than one related system for you using Surety service. Is this only happening on the one panel?

I know it sounds counter-intuitive, but I would like to send a hard reboot command which will restart all the panel processes. If the panel has a command buffering issue or software cause for the daily booting (which my be full reboot or just the security process) the hard reboot command may help get that unstuck.

We can send a few additional commands to check local panel functions. Would it be ok to send those commands now?

Correct, only on the one panel.

Send what ever you want.

Alright we have sent a number of commands and a reboot to see if that has an effect. Let us know if there is improvement!

Still doing it…

i trust you guys judgement, so is there a reason you don’t have 3.2.1 in the upload area?
i’m still on 3.2 for now.

Vr,
AllenT

i trust you guys judgement, so is there a reason you don’t have 3.2.1 in the upload area? i’m still on 3.2 for now.

I don’t think there is a specific reason to hold off, just we usually wait to post after testing. The update is heavily dealer oriented, but does add a screen saver option to the GC3 and SP1. You can download 3.2.1 here.

Issue still occurs, also replaced the panel and it continued.

My panel started doing this last week and I updated to 2GIG GC3 Firmware 3.2 downloaded from your site early november. Mine just announced system disarmed not ready to arm about 20 min ago (8:10am EST) . We have heard it in the evening as well. I dont know or didnt realize it was rebooting. It just gets our attention when it announces.

I just updated to 2GIG GC3 Firmware 3.2.1 from your site. Its said “system disarmed not ready to arm” about 5 times in last 10 minutes . Its not rebooting… The home screen stays on, the white + round hard button goes off and on, you loose your arm away and arm stay buttons for 2 seconds or so and they come back. Everything else stays static.

My panel started doing this last week and I updated to 2GIG GC3 Firmware 3.2 downloaded from your site early november. Mine just announced system disarmed not ready to arm about 20 min ago (8:10am EST) . We have heard it in the evening as well. I dont know or didnt realize it was rebooting. It just gets our attention when it announces.

The panel may not fully reboot. The GC3 can restart the Security System functions process without fully powering down. Either would result in a new announcement of status.

The GC3 firmware links on our site are direct links to the 2GIG download repository. Thank you for confirming a span of time in between this starting to occur and firmware application.

Issue still occurs, also replaced the panel and it continued.

A new GC3 experienced the same status announcements?

I’m going to go out on a limb and guess that it has something to do with the communication between the module and the panel and the panel is restarting the security process as a maintenance step. I can’t confirm any of that yet. Still trying to get details on the process. It doesn’t appear to otherwise affect performance.

I just updated to 2GIG GC3 Firmware 3.2.1 from your site. Its said “system disarmed not ready to arm” about 5 times in last 10 minutes . Its not rebooting.. The home screen stays on, the white + round hard button goes off and on, you loose your arm away and arm stay buttons for 2 seconds or so and they come back. Everything else stays static.

Thank you that helps. That confirms in your case that it is the Security Process which is restarting. You can see essentially the same thing for a moment any time you make programming changes and save&exit.

Try fully powering down the system, remove and re-seat the cell sled, then power the system back up. Any change?

Thank you for the prompt reply Jason. I wont be able to do that until tommorow morning. I will report back.

I powered down, pulled cell module out, put back in… Still doing it.