GC2 Trouble alerts

Hi… I have an odd question. My 2gig panel is currently operated by only motion sensors, one smoke detector and 4 water sensors… I am out of the house for the holidays. The house is for sale and I have a showing today. However, if I turn off the alarm, the panel will have a trouble alert because one of the devices has a low battery signal. I am worried that this is going to be distracting to the potential home buyers.

The question is… do the alerts still sound when the system is armed? My plan was to arm the system “Stay” to deactivate the motions. This will only leave the smoke detector and water sensors on. I was hoping that alerts are turned off when the panel is armed. If not, I have read that my devices can be removed remotely by Surety. If that’s the case, can you remove all my devices from the panel? I will reprogram the panel when I get home. But I don’t want to lose a potential home buyer because they get distracted by the panel alerts.

Any help would be great!

Looks like you are on the latest 2GIG firmware, so you should be able to disable those trouble beeps for that low battery remotely.

Tap the configuration gear, then turn off the Trouble Beeps and confirm. This will disable the trouble beeps for the current low battery condition for 7 days.

Let me know if you have any trouble with this.

Hi Jason,

When I visit the configuration screen, I only see the options in the picture below. I don’t see an option to disable alerts for 7 days. Could it be somewhere else?

It looks like this question was also posted as an Alarm.com ticket and we sent a command to acknowledge the trouble alert (the same thing your Turn Off command would do) so I believe that will no longer show for you.

As long as that is the only trouble condition it shouldn’t sound at this time.

Thanks Jason,

I guess the last question is whether alerts still go off when the panel is armed. Do you know the answer?

Thanks,

Edgar

Trouble alerts can occur at any time during any arming state.