Garage Door Controller Not Opening

I tried all this and am still having issues.

Everything is working and sensing properly, but it will not open or close through the app.

It looks like the device is still reporting the same installation date prior to the start of this thread.

Please try deleting and factory resetting the device, the last step of the troubleshooting linked above. Then relearn the device. Any change?

Delete, factory reset, and re-add the device.

1. Delete the device from the alarm panel
  2. A factory reset clears the network information and can be performed by quickly pressing the Z-Wave Link button on the Linear Z-Wave Garage Controller five times in a row. There is a short beep, several double red flashes, and finally a long beep to indicate successful reset.
  3. Re-add the device.

I am trying to delete the device from the alarm panel, but it is not working.

How can I delete this?

Thanks!

Steps are found here:

I am following these instructions, but keep getting this error 514 - Screenshot by Lightshot

How can I delete the device from the alarm panel?

Thanks!

I am following these instructions, but keep getting this error 51

This error indicates you are trying to Add Device to the network, not clear it. You need to clear it first.

1. How to Remove a Z-Wave device from the parent network.

An often overlooked step in the process. In order to remove a device from its parent network. Always do this first when adding a device, because it may still have network data saved within its Z-wave radio and this needs to be cleared before it can be added to a new panel.

• Navigate to the Settings Tray and click Settings
  • Click Advanced Settings
  • Enter your Installer Code
  • Click Installation
  • Then Devices
  • Z-Wave Devices
  • Clear Device.
  • While the panel is listening, utilize the Linear Garage Controller’s add/remove button(see device manual)

You may need to bring the panel closer to the Linear garage controller when clearing/adding. You may need to disable Power Management to run the panel on battery only to bring it closer.

I am following these instructions with the device next to the panel and still get the same error

• Navigate to the Settings Tray and click Settings
  • Click Advanced Settings
  • Enter your Installer Code
  • Click Installation
  • Then Devices
  • Z-Wave Devices
  • Clear Device.
  • While the panel is listening, utilize the Linear Garage Controller’s add/remove button(see device manual)

What am I doing wrong? How can I share a video of me doing this?

You can submit a video in reply or via email at support@suretyhome.com.

To clarify, the Linear GDZ00X is powered on and you get the same error as the above image, stating you need to clear the device first when attempting to clear?

Be sure to press and release the link button on the GDZ00X. You may need to do this a few times while the panel is in clear (exclusion) mode.

You can see the video of me following all the steps above here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzXor8dFAt4

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

Steps being performed are correct but you may be holding the button too long.

Just click the button once briefly, When clearing, the units LED should light up red and beep twice, one short then one long.

You can find the manual here:

If you are still unable to remove the Linear controller. Power it off then let us know. Remote commands can be sent to remove the Linear Z-Wave device if it is powered off and no longer communicating with the panel.

I deleted the device, did a factory reset, and then re-added it.

I then reinstalled the opener.

I still get the same error. It beeps a lot, but will not open or close the garage. What else maybe causing the issue?

Thanks!

To confirm, if you open/close the garage door manually (via the wall button or RF remote) does the status of the garage door (opened or closed) display correctly in Alarm.com?

I still get the same error. It beeps a lot, but will not open or close the garage.

Are you getting any specific error message at the panel or in Alarm.com when operating remotely through Alarm.com?

1. Make sure that there are no obstacles preventing the door from moving.
  2. Make sure that the GD00Z-4 connection wires are connected to the proper terminals on the garage door opener. Trace the wires from the garage door opener’s pushbutton wall console to the door opener. This is where the GD00Z-4 connection wires should be connected.

See step 7 of the device manual for proper wiring.

Yes I can open and close using wall button or RF remote

Yes, the alarm panel properly displays if open or closed

I have tried all variations with the wires and nothing works.

It just beeps for 5 seconds and then does nothing

Thank you for that information.

At this point either the unit itself is experiencing failure and should be replaced, or there is an undocumented compatibility issue with the overhead and the Linear Controller.

I’m not showing an order through Surety for a Linear Controller. You may need to reach out to the vendor for warranty replacement. You may need the serial number from the side of the box, or on the underneath side of the unit itself.

I will return this and buy a new one

The new unit did not work.

I am going to buy a new garage door opener. Which are compatible with alarm.com and surety?

Thanks!

Garage automation control through Alarm.com can be found through:

• Linear brand Z-Wave GD00Z-X
  • LiftMaster Chamberlain myQ (additional fee applies)
    • LiftMaster/Chamberlain Wi-Fi Garage Door Opener
    • Myq Garage Wi-Fi Hub/Door Sensor (821LM)
    • MyQ Control Panel and Internet Gateway (888LM/828LM)
  • Aladdin Connect by Genie and Overhead Door by OHD Anywhere

A list of compatible hardware from Alarm.com can be found here:

More information on devices and installation can be found here

If I want the LiftMaster/Chamberlain Wi-Fi Garage Door Opener then what additional fees do I need to add to my plan?

Use of myQ devices requires the Surety Home or Surety Complete service plan and the Liftmaster/Chamberlain MyQ ($1 /mo) add-on.

Changes to your service plan are made through the System Manager feature of your Surety account. This process can be done at anytime.