Follow up to "What Image Sensor captures"

I reviewed a May 2021 post by Tyler G on this subject, and have a few questions regarding that information:

1. In a more recent post (March 4, 2022), it seems to be stated that “Surety Complete” is required for peek in function, but this post makes it seem like “Surety Home” would be sufficient. Could you please clarify?
  2. I was able to trigger peek in from alarm.com app, but I can’t see how to do it from the web login. The more recent post seems to suggest that this can be done from “Images card” but I don’t see how to do it.
  3. I can’t see how to add image sensor rules for the additional functionality listed above. I don’t see an “Add New Rule” button on the Images/Rules page as there is on Automation. On Automation, “Add New Rule” only allows me to add a thermostat rule, nothing involving image sensors.

Thanks for any clarification you can offer on the above, including pointing me to relevant documentation.

1. In a more recent post (March 4, 2022), it seems to be stated that “Surety Complete” is required for peek in function, but this post makes it seem like “Surety Home” would be sufficient. Could you please clarify?

Looks like you are referencing this guide here.. Surety Home and Surety Complete share the same features regarding Image Sensors, those features are found here.

I was able to trigger peek in from alarm.com app, but I can’t see how to do it from the web login. The more recent post seems to suggest that this can be done from “Images card” but I don’t see how to do it.

Images card will show up on the home page of the website. From there click on the Camera Icon on the top left corner of the card, then on one of the two icons related to each sensor:

• Peek In - Next Motion (Running Man Icon)
  • Peek In Now (Camera Icon)

Not all sensors can do both, I belive the PowerG sensors are limited to the Peek in Now feature.

I can’t see how to add image sensor rules for the additional functionality listed above. I don’t see an “Add New Rule” button on the Images/Rules page as there is on Automation. On Automation, “Add New Rule” only allows me to add a thermostat rule, nothing involving image sensors.

I’ll dig into this a bit with Alarm.com as their documentation is a bit sparse but when it comes to PowerG PIR cameras I believe they are only compatible with capturing alarm and Peek-in Now images. No rules or Next Motion features.

As a follow up here, PowerG motion with camera, like the PG9934P do not work with automation rules or the Next Motion feature.

PowerG PIR cameras are only compatible with capturing alarm and Peek-in Now images.

• For alarm images, the PowerG PIR camera captures an image when it detects the first motion after the panel goes into alarm.

Tyler,

Thank you, you answered my questions. I hadn’t noticed the camera icon on the images card. The Peek-in Now function is adequate for my purposes; just wanted to know how to implement the other features if they were in fact available!

Pete K