Flood sensor creating alarm

I would suggest warranty replacement based on that error message regarding the S-Line card. Warranty Policy can be found here.

OK Thank you for the help. I will be sending your way for an warranty replacement. When I send it back to you, do I need to send the sign I received back too? I ask because that requires a much bigger box and you would just be sending it back to me again with the replacement.

Also, besides filling out the return paperwork and enclosing it, is there anything else I need to do to ensure smooth return/exchange?

Thank you.

No, you do not need to send back the sign, stickers, or any other sensors.

To ensure the smoothest processing, please include the panel and peripherals like the power supply it came with. Please include the RMA form with your shipment and you should be good to go!

Just installed the IQ2+ last night, and I’m having the same issue described here with the water sensors.

I have RE118 and 60-744-95R sensors. 10 sensors in total. Both have issues.

The RE118’s (8) are the newer sensors, triangle hockey puck design, very nice sensors, really would like to keep them. The 60-744-95R (2) sensors are the older type, with the two part long wire design. Both worked perfectly fine with the IQ1 panel for years.

When I enrolled them all, there were two options for Water: IQFlood or Other Flood. I had selected Other, but now switched them all to IQFlood.

The RE118’s seem better with IQFlood, and I just switched the 60-744-95R’s to Other. Will see how this goes today.

Any other ideas? I’d rather not buy 10 new water sensors, especially since I have the IQ1 panel running in parallel right now with zero issues with these sensors.

All the rest of the sensors (30+) seem fine so far, I re-enrolled everything, but these water sensors are an issue. All help welcome.

Switching to IQFlood is also what worked for me… I tested the sensors with water and they alerted correctly under IQFlood, with no false alarms since registering them this way.

Perfect. Thank you.

I now have the 8 RE118 as IQFlood, and the 2 60-744-95R as Other.

Been fine for past 8-9 hours.

We’ll see.

Just had this same problem with my RE218 flood sensor. Indeed, it needed to be changed to an “IQ Flood” and not “other”, otherwise you’ll get an alarm every few hours.

What is the response time supposed to be with these sensors once it comes into contact with water? seconds or minutes? I also have 8 other IQ Flood sensors, they respond within seconds. I have tested the RE218, but hasn’t worked for me, being in pool of water for around 2 minutes. That’s why I had to delete and re-enrol the sensor, but haven’t tested it since I re-enrolled it.

Just had this same problem with my RE218 flood sensor

Just in case, the RE218 is not a 319.5 sensor. It wouldn’t work with the 319.5 IQ Panel 2 which is compatible with the IQ Flood sensor.

The RE218 is a 2GIG/Honeywell compatible 345 mhz version.

You would be looking for the RE118. Was the 218 a typo or might you have the 2GIG/Honeywell version?

Indeed I do have the RE218, but I have the translator also installed (RE524X). It enrolls no problem and it registers a tamper no problem (almost immediately) at the panel, but doesn’t seem to work with water. I wonder if this is still an incompatibility issue or an issue with the sensor.

Gotcha, I don’t think there is a reason that the Flood sensor type wouldn’t work with the RE524X, but I will check on that for you.

Did you try to learn in all of the sensor zone types? The RE524X I believe can only listen to one loop per sensor ID. Heat is loop 1. Flood is loop 2. You would need to program the zone for loop 2. Can you try deleting it and learning it into the RE524X by tripping the flood probes specifically?

oh thats a great idea. I will try that!

So, I know the temperature works because I placed it in my fridge. Now, to learn in the flood, what steps do I take?

Do I press the configuration button on the Resolution, then put it in some water? then, what do I do at the panel? Relearn it as another sensor?

I should mention, I would like to have both temperature and flood capabilities for this sensor (its in my mechanical room).

The 524X translator does not support multiple loops. Only one loop per sensor may be used.

It will only work with temp or flood functions of the RE218.

hi, just wanted to follow up with this, saw this website and am I correct to say that some Honeywell products, like the flood sensor work with the IQ2 panel directly?

https://qolsys.reamaze.com/kb/faqs-for-iqp2/honeywell-slash-2gig-345mhz-sensor-support-list-and-loops

Any 345 Mhz sensor should work with the 345 Mhz version of the IQ Panel 2+, but you would need that version of the IQ Panel 2+.

The standard IQ Panel 2+ uses a GE 319.5 Mhz legacy radio. Do you have a panel with the GE radio?

Are you using the 524X to translate 345 Mhz into GE 319.5? Or the other way around?

No 345 Mhz sensor would work without a translator if you have the 319.5 Mhz version of the IQ Panel 2+.

sorry, I didn’t see the little “+” on the website. I have the IQ2 panel (319.5) with a 524X translator.

I have to double check, when I auto-learn the sensor, if it gives me an option to select the loop on the first screen. Right now it works a freeze sensor, and I would like for it to be a water sensor.

To use Flood zone: delete the Freeze zone with Loop 1. Learn the sensor in as a new Zone with Loop 2.

The 524X will not support multiple loops for the same sensor ID.

thanks, Jason.

Does the IQ2 panel allow me to choose the different loops? I know it does on the IQ2+ it does on the left hand part of the auto-learned sensor screen.

I will have to choose loop 3

Aha, you are right I was thinking of the loops for the older flood sensor (219)

Right, I don’t think you’ll be given a loop choice when learning in a 345 sensor through a translator. I don’t have a 218 in front of me to test, but I will try to verify on another model. You may need to just learn in the sensor by tripping the associated switch (in this case, submerging the flood leads.)

Ultimately, I strongly recommend avoiding all of the issues by using the version the IQ Panel 2 is designed to use.

This is especially true if you want to use more than one function. The RE118 or RE119 would be a better solution for the IQ Panel 2 319.5 mhz.

thanks again, Jason.

I tried this, deleted the sensor on the panel, removed the batteries from the sensor, got a copper wire and tied the two water poles together on the sensor, then putting the panel in learn mode, and put the batteries back in the sensor. It didn’t work (i.e. only enrols as a freeze sensor)

I don’t know if I should have put the translator into learn mode also, and then do the panel?

But I think you are right, I think i’m going to give up on this…

I don’t know if I should have put the translator into learn mode also, and then do the panel?

But I think you are right, I think i’m going to give up on this…

So, after doing some more testing, you cannot specify the loop it will listen to based on how you learn it in. It seems like it listens to all loops at the same time from that ID. And the DW10 sensor functions like its loops are zones wired in parallel when used through the translator.

What that means is that if one of them is closed, the sensor will read closed. All must open to register, at least with the DW10.

So with the DW10, you can use a magnet and the reed switch or you can use the inputs without using the magnet reed switch. Whichever one you use you have to leave the other open.

Assuming that’s how it works with other multi-function devices, it would explain why you couldn’t get flood to open.

It would generally be best to replace that sensor.