Flo by Moen missing functions

Hello,

Looking on Compatibility for this device and it looks like I should be getting same information that I was getting with SMW150 valve that I just removed from my account. Currently I can only see Open/close section under valves. I have additional plan that was add on to my SWM150 when it was on my account since that valve is gone can this plan be transfer/moved to my flo valve that is on the account.

Looking on your site I should be getting all this functions:

The following features are available for Flo by Moen Smart Water Assistant and Shutoff on the Customer Website and Customer app:

• Quickly and easily shut off water from the app
  • Set up automation rules
  • Receive alerts when leaks are detected
  • Monitor water usage to moderate consumption
  • Receive water system health reports

Currently I can only see close and open valve on both app and web site.
I don’t see water monitoring consumption meter like my SWM150 had. I cant set any notifications for valve as well.

Please help.
Thank you.

I see rules have been created for the new valve and it looks like the Moen main house valve sensor can be selected for water sensor activity notifications. Choose the Water > Water Sensor Alert notification option.

The same usage display is not available to us either, I don’t believe as much data is shared by Moen as what the ADC valve allowed.

We will check with ADC if any expected usage data is missing.

Ok, please let me know. Yes I was able to set up rules but I can’t set up any notifications for any unexpected water usage or any notifications for alerting me. Also would this even need this extra $2 plan since only functions I can do is turn on and off no other advanced data is provided. can you ask ADC what they mean about all of the functions thay mention but non are available ?

• Quickly and easily shut off water from the app - available
  • Set up automation rules - available
  • Receive alerts when leaks are detected - not available
  • Monitor water usage to moderate consumption - not available
  • Receive water system health reports - not available

My buddy has ring system with that same valve and moen is sharing all info with ring.

Also do you know or can ask ADC if they will come up with bigger body valve from them?
Do you know if I would add water dragon would be available ?

Alarm.com documentation states Flo requires Water Management and Water Management Plus service package add-ons.

• Receive alerts when leaks are detected - not available

Moen main house valve sensor can be selected for water sensor activity notifications. Choose the Water > Water Sensor Alert notification option. This is an option on your account.

I don’t see either of these options. We are asking ADC to clarify.

Also do you know or can ask ADC if they will come up with bigger body valve from them?

I cannot speak for Alarm.com but we are happy to pass feedback.

Do you know if I would add water dragon would be available ?

Water Dragon is not a valve, just a sensor, but supports according to documentation:

• Warnings for possible pipe freezes
  • Whole-home leak detection and notification with a single device
  • Provide guidance on water flow rate to inform homeowners
  • Provide monthly water usage data validation

So sounds like flow rate usage data and notifications, as well as pipe temperature.

Its new this summer. I have not used a Water Dragon and we do not sell that but I imagine we will see more adoption of that model given it is easy to install and does not require plumbing modification.

Thank you Jason,

Alarm.com documentation states Flo requires Water Management and Water Management Plus service package add-ons.

I understand and don’t mind paying $2 its just $ 2 bucks. But I would like to know what actual plus functions we have beside requirement for it to work.

Moen main house valve sensor can be selected for water sensor activity notifications. Choose the Water > Water Sensor Alert notification option. This is an option on your account.

I do not have that option anywhere in water tab or in notifications. please see screen shot bellow.

and if I go to notifications Moen main home valve is nowhere to be selected.

and as for this tow i will be wondering what they got to say about it because in my mind this one should give us same display as SWM150 did for usage

and this one

should create reports but I don’t see any. so please let me know.

I also apricate you passing on suggestions as swm150 its a nice unit for sure no question about it. But its way to small. I’m actually surprise that they advertise that valve as 1" because its not 1" at all it 3/4 at its best.

As always thank you sir for dealing with my crazy questions. lol

and if I go to notifications Moen main home valve is nowhere to be selected.

Do not select the Alarm option (the one in your screenshot.)

Select the Water > Water Sensor Alert notification. The top one, not the bottom one.

Your main house valve is at the bottom of the list.

But I would like to know what actual plus functions we have beside requirement for it to work.

I am happy to request some feedback from ADC, but can’t guarantee most reps will be able to provide an answer there. Alarm.com obviously won’t share internal billing details, but my guess is that the Flo integration has either API costs or some other cost per account.

Are you able to view water usage data in the Moen app?

Ok I found it, Sorry did not see it. Very limited notifications only when its actually actuates. No notification for water leak or any other “water Valve” related important notifications.

I am happy to request some feedback from ADC, but can’t guarantee most reps will be able to provide an answer there. Alarm.com obviously won’t share internal billing details, but my guess is that the Flo integration has either API costs or some other cost per account.

I’m sure there is. I know from my buddy that everything that is seen in moen app is shared with Ring security in there integration. I also did some research and it looks like is shared in Google eco system as well.

Are you able to view water usage data in the Moen app?

Yes app has tons of awesome information. please see bellow.

So if alarm.com is paying for API cost then we got the cheap end of the stick as others are getting all available data. Maybe is because they have there own valve, IDK? but if they advertise that it should have all this data then, it should. I think if others get all data then alarm.com should as well not just on/off functions.

Just saying.

I got some confirmation from ADC that they expect the usage data to be available similarly to the SWM but the documentation jumped the gun on support, it is not yet available.

That is great news. Do we know eta I will not hold them to it.

My plan is supposed to include water management, but I don’t see where I can add the Moen Flow to my system. Can you help?

My plan is supposed to include water management, but I don’t see where I can add the Moen Flow to my system. Can you help?

Flo requires Water Management and Water Management Plus service package add-ons

Water Management Plus is specifically for the valve/meter devices like the SWM150 and Flo.

It is available on request as a $2 add-on. Send a PM if you would like to add it.

That is great news. Do we know eta I will not hold them to it.

There is no ETA at this time.

@jwcsurety

Jason can you reach out to ADC and find out if there is time frame on this since they already advertising this as available.

Thank you

There is no ETA for the Flo features at this time.

@jwcsurety any updates on this?

No updates yet on features for Flo integration.

Jason,

Looks like they still advertising all the functions on flo that come on the alarm.com valve. can you please email someone @ ADC and ask when it will be available since they stating that it is available.

Thank you

There is no ETA at this time. Where are you referencing with the advertising?

ADC updated the back end documentation to this:

The following features are available for Flo by Moen Smart Water Monitor and Shutoff on the Alarm.com Website and app:

• Quickly and easily shut off water from the app
  • Set up automation rules
  • Receive alerts when leaks are detected

@jwcsurety I remember correctly I believe it was either on Alarm.com website or one of the knowledge base database documents. Also, I think you can find it on certain websites too.

To assist we would need a link to where you see the contradictory info, we can then forward to ADC to resolve if a KB article or sales page has invalid details.

If on another dealer website, we cannot influence that.

On the back end, the supported features in documentation have indeed been updated to show the limitations.

I’m planning to get a smart water valve/meter, and am thinking to get the ADC-SWM 150. I appreciate adamf79 and maybe others pointing out that the device restricts water flow to 3/4" diameter but since that’s the diameter of my main supply pipe, this is not an issue for me. I see quite a bit of discussion of both Flo by Moen and the ADC-SWM 150 on this chat. Is there any reason to prefer Flo by Moen over the ADC other than the larger pipe size options?