Firmware update

I have not removed the transceiver. Power is 14.08 vdc at the terminal block. The update cable was secure during the update. I did it twice to make sure it was done correctly.

For the firmware to successfully complete, you would have seen a green “PASS” screen. At that point the panel has already rebooted, and you will hear it announce “ready to arm”, and the firmware program has already done its delay after flash (prior to pass screen). Then you disconnect power, and when powered down, remove the J4 end of the USB cable.

Did this occur?

That is correct, I’m talking about the CP1. I don’t have a TS1. Both times I flashed it went through the flashing then a delay and then a green pass screen. From that point the panel was black. I unplugged the power supply and battery then the update cable. After reconnecting power nothing happens.

From that point the panel was black. I unplugged the power supply and battery then the update cable. After reconnecting power nothing happens.

Immediately after the flash (during the ‘delay after flash’) did panel boot up and announciate “ready to arm”?

After the flash, the panel does nothing.

Sounds like you may have damaged it somehow. All it takes is one good static charge (just like a PC motherboard). You need to be very very careful when you are inside that panel.

If you are sure there is power, then there is no fix.

You can always try a reset (disconnect AC, battery, hold in Home and Emer buttons while applying AC power back to panel), or try reflashing again.

I think I’ll try another flash with the battery disconnected. Unfortunately I just finished reloading windows 10. If it still won’t work with that OS, I don’t know if I’ll even bother anymore. Thanks for the help.

Did you see tutorial for Win 10?

Link… one sec (setup with 1.13, so dunno if same issue will occur with 1.14)

I did see the tutorial you posted. I believe I was doing it correctly, but I’ll give it another shot.

If you restored a image backup for win10 that you previously unsuccessfully tried to install the setup on (shortcut screen doesn’t come up for “no panel”), then it won’t work. Something already went wrong with your install. You may be able to uninstall and delete driver in device manager though, reboot and retry again.

It was a complete reload of win10. It seems to work now. I’ve flashed it again with no battery. It went through the delay and now says flashing successful and waiting for disconnect. Do I unplug the cp now? It has the green pass but there hasn’t been a “ready to arm”.

Hmmm, buttons lit? Do anything when you push them?

Immediately power down, and remove cable, reconnect battery, close panel, reconnect AC.

If the firmware sees and communicates with the panel that is good.

My suggestion:

Have Surety/dealer back up ADC zones, keypads, fobs

Remove cell module

Reflash to 1.13 (will reset panel to factory default for zones and Users, and panel settings)

See if all works again, then have Surety push backup

Warning!
ONLY when Surety states they have pushed backup do you reinstall cell module, and reboot

Then try 1.14 update again if you so choose

IF the reset fails, then it infers that the panel may be damaged, and will need replacement. Because you had the battery connected during initial firmware updates, panel had power to it when you where messing with it… static charge to board is all she needed… or you touched the wrong thing, caused a short, etc. It doesn’t take much. So be VERY careful removing the cell module.

^ This is your best bet based on what you have stated.

Let us know if you would like to try a back-up and restore if you have suretyDIY service. There is no guarantee that reflashing older firmware will bring it up, but it sounds like it is indeed functioning to some degree if it still accepts firmware as normal.

I flashed 1.13. It’s up and running now. This was a vivint system that came with the house. I’ve installed the ATT comm board and trying to switch over to suretydiy. So far the cell test isn’t working but I haven’t read into the procedures from here on. I’m just glad to get this far.

Ah, if you have not ordered service yet, the module would not be communicating to an Alarm.com account yet.

But, importantly, the panel has powered up after reverting to 1.13? Do you happen to know the firmware version you were originally updating it from?

Chances are excellent that previous firmware was 1.9.6 (or lower) as that is as high as Vivint goes. You can verify by the old cell module was it a GSM1, GSM3, GSM5, or GSM7 or GC3GA-V, GCCDMV-V?

A GSM2, GSM4, GSM6, or a GC3GA-A, GCCDMV-A cell suggests panel was unlocked and provisioned for another Provider/Dealer on the other hand.

Keep in mind though, that vivint uses its own firmware variant, with customizations. ( system config AR# screen, as well as installer toolbox central station *panel test button, amongst other things). If the AR# screen is blank, panel locks up. This ties your panel receiver to your vivint account #. An effective panel bricking method (which may have been the case here, which was resolved by the inadvertent 2GIG OEM panel reset).

*panel test button located to the right of installer toolbox ‘system configuration’, and above the ‘walk test’ (Which is usually a blank/unused space on unlocked OEM firmware panels).

Out of curiosity, I assume your vivint was installer Q44/Q45 locked out? Do you now have system configuration/installer access with 1561? Or was the vivint panel already unlocked?

Ps Master code should be 1111

Pss All your sensor zones will have to be reinstalled, and you may want to optimize all your programming Q’s.

Let me know what sensors you have (e.g., ‘DW20R front door’), and I will link you to some programming walkthroughs I created for easy programming and an optimized Q list.

The version I updated from was 1.6. It was a GSM1. From my understanding of Q44/Q45, it is locked out now. I have been using the vivint installer code 2203. Master code has been changed.

At this point, if I order service through suretydiy, will I be able to request a reset of Q44/Q45?

I plan to reinstall the sensor zones. I’m reusing most of the existing sensors and adding some.

Does anyone happen to have a list of sensor codes and codes for the list of words used for the announcements?

Thanks for the help.

44/45 are reset in the initial commands sent when service is activated. Typically after receiving your welcome email and sending a cell test the commands will take about 10-20 minutes to go through.

Make sure to follow the instructions in the welcome email.

You can find the sensor voice descriptor codes here.

The version I updated from was 1.6. It was a GSM1. From my understanding of Q44/Q45, it is locked out now. I have been using the vivint installer code 2203. Master code has been changed.

Does 2203 still work? click the logo right hand screen corner, and enter it, then click System configuration. I f you can get in you are not locked out anymore.

If it doesn’t accept 2203, try 1561.

installing 1.14 and then going back to 1.13 has in my panel and a panel used by Surety, reset panel including the lockout and installer code and master user code, and defaulted/deleted all the sensors.

We have not tested it on a locked panel like you have.