Firmware Update- Now Locked Out

I downloaded new firmware and a programming cable to update the firmware on my 2Gig/Vivint Branded GoControl panel. Downloaded your latest firmware ver. V1.14.0.1_en-US. Followed your instructions online and the updating went perfectly. But now when I try to enter the System Configuration to add a sensor I get the message “FEATURE NOT AVAILABLE”.

I am using the “2203” code to enter programming, not the “1561” mentioned in your website. The Vivint log appears in the lower right corner of the screen still even after the firmware update, but the menu system is very different now.

I have tried to “reset” the panel by holding down both the Home and Emergency button while powering up the unit and that makes no difference at all.

What do you recommend to get the programming back?

Do you currently have monitored service through another provider? If so I would not recommend changing firmware without consulting your provider.

If you are not currently using a provider:

When updating from an older version, it is recommended to go to 1.13 first, then to 1.14.01.

Programming options should not change at all. Were you able to access system configuration previously?

If you were not able to access it previously, that would not change. Q’s 44 and 45 lock access to the system configuration and configuration reset using the factory default you mentioned.

If both 44 and 45 are locked out, you would need to connect your panel to a service provider who will unlock it for you.

Another option, though I would not actually recommend it, is discussed in the last post here along with a similar issue reported.

Vivint uses custom firmware variant, and it is their policy to lockout all panels. You will have to have Q44 reset via airfx to gain programming access. Once you gain access, you need to verify Q44 is set to 0, else it will lockout after 48 hours elapsed time.