Event triggers from Alarm.com for HA

This is a follow on from my post regarding failed Z-Wave, as I am now considering alternatives but not sure what triggers I can get from Alarm.Com.

Right now I have rules set in Alarm.com that when motion is detected in the driveway a light comes on, when garage door is opened lights come on, when an ALARM condition, all lights come on, you get the picture! All of these lights were controlled by my now failed Z-Wave GC2 Controller. I should say that up until this power outage, the Z-Wave has been bullet proof, but I really don’t want to go through this again, as our utility, PGE, has made it clear there will be future extended outages. (yes I am currently working on a generator installation).

Are there devices, or some hub that can take triggers from Alarm.com? Am I stuck with Z-Wave? Is the GC3 any more robust regarding Z-Wave? Most of my Home Automation is Alexa with WiFi devices.

Per the original thread here the issue which has occurred is rare and recoverable, but I understand if you are concerned due to known future outages.

All compatible Alarm panels with Alarm.com are Z-wave hubs. Alternate options exist for most device types, but there is no alternate centralized hub.

If looking for an alternative for Lighting specifically, the Lutron RadioRa2 or Caseta systems would be compatible with Surety Home or Complete service plans and would not use the panel’s Z-wave.

Alternatively, this issue has only been noticed as far as I am aware on 2GIG GC2 panels. A GC3 or an IQ Panel 2+ with 345 mhz radio may be a good replacement to avoid this issue in the future.

Jason,
Thank you for the information.

An update regarding the Z-Wave…After trying the reset controller several times, it finally had effect, and I was able to add Z-Wave devices back in. All is well for now, but I will continue to explore alternate systems or more extended battery back up for the panel. Thank you for your support!

Glad to hear you were able to get them learned back in! Let us know if we can be of further help!