Duress code through locks?

Currently we arm and disarm our panel via out connected Schlege locks. Is there a way to set it up so that you can send a duress code through the lock keypad and not the control panel?

I believe we have inquired about this in the past but no, this is not currently possible I do believe. I want to say the way the panel handles the locks status and processes a code (including duress codes) does not allow this.

Like the auto-disarm rule, which cannot differentiate users and any user code with lock access through ADC can then disarm panel.

OP - How do you arm your panel through your lock?
I have ours set to dis-arm when a code is entered but see no way to create a rule for it to ARM when a code is entered.

Thanks

OP – How do you arm your panel through your lock?

The lock does not require a code to be entered to lock. In an Alarm.com automation rule you can set the Security System to be automated by a lock locking, then choose to arm stay or arm away as the result.

I typically do not recommend this except for specific cases since locking a door has the potential to be far more common than scenarios where the system would be armed, and it invites more accidental alarm activation. Just all depends on how you use the system.

I arm at the panel then hit a single button on the lock to lock the locks when I exit.

I have my system set up to “Disarm when Front Door Lock is Unlocked by User Code” because my panel is away from my front door and we typically enter the front door with arms full of groceries so it is most convenient to disarm the system when I unlock the door using the keypad on the door to enter my user code (same code I would enter at the panel - so I don’t see the security risk here).

Similarly it would be convenient to be able to arm the system in the away mode when I leave through the front door by entering the code at the front door keypad to lock the door. I don’t see a security risk in that.

I know I can set a rule to arm the system whenever the front door is locked but I cannot restrict it to arm ONLY if the door is locked with a security code. We typically lock the door manually whenever we come in the house and I don’t want the system to arm then.

I know I can set a rule to arm the system whenever the front door is locked but I cannot restrict it to arm ONLY if the door is locked with a security code

Correct. Yeah that’s what I am referring to above. I am not aware of a lock that requires a code in order to lock it.

Is there a model you are using where that is a programming option on the lock? (All that we commonly use have one touch locking, so Alarm.com could not implement a rule the way you are describing)

It would be so nice to be able to enter a duress code at the lock that sends the police. Or even being able to enter a code the same as the duress code in the panel that allows the panel not to disarm so you can enter duress code at the panel

Currently, you can not have a code in the lock that are the same digits as your duress code in your panel. I always found this strange. Maybe a suggestion for ADC?

Schlege locks give you the option of entering a code to lock or one button locking

Schlege locks give you the option of entering a code to lock or one button locking

Aha. Yeah, Yale and Kwikset I do not believe any models offer that as an option (at least most do not).

Although if you can require a code to lock on your model, I can see utility in such a rule distinction. I do not believe a rule which only applied to certain models would be implemented, but we can make the suggestion to ADC of course.

Just checking back in on this. There currently still is no way for the GC2 panel to distinguish a dress code entered on a zwave connected lock.? And if you set a rule to disarm the panel with the lock, there still is no way for the panel not to disarm when entering a specific code?

Ironically you are not allowed to program a lock code to match your duress code on ADC. This is some indication that the system recognizes the duress code on locks?

Finally, can any of this be accomplished through the non 2 Gig systems you sell? Would my zwave locks work with the other systems?

There currently still is no way for the GC2 panel to distinguish a dress code entered on a zwave connected lock.?

That is correct. Entering a code at the lock does not pass a duress code to the panel, nor can a rule in Alarm.com complete this task.

And if you set a rule to disarm the panel with the lock, there still is no way for the panel not to disarm when entering a specific code?

No, there is no way to select specific user codes, its all or none.

Finally, can any of this be accomplished through the non 2 Gig systems you sell? Would my zwave locks work with the other systems?

This is not possible through the Qolsys IQ Panel 2+ or any other Alarm.com compatible panel. Lock compatibility would vary from panel to panel. A list of z-wave devices that have been tested compatible with the Qolsys IQ Panel 2+ can be found here

I have passed these requests on to ADC as feature requests.