IQ 4 duress code through lock recognition

I asked this question a few years ago for a GC2 panel and the answer was no. I set up a rule to disarm the panel when the proper code is entered in lock. However, the panel now could not recognize the difference between a valid code or duress code if entered through the lock to disarm panel through rule.

I heard that the IQ 4 Panel can indeed recognize a duress code entered mar the keypad of a Schlage lock. Can you please confirm one way or another ?

Yes, lock triggered duress is an option.

Visit your users page in Alarm.com and edit the duress user to sync with locks.

Thank you.

I just want to be absolutely clear on this.

If my duress code is 2222 as an example, and I set up duress user with code 2222 and allow that user to unlock lock , and have a rule where unlocking lock disarms the panel, that a duress signal will be sent to central monitoring when I enter 2222. Not just unlocks the door and disarms the alarm, but that the IQ4 panel will recognize a duress code was entered at the lock, disarm the panel, and send a duress signal to central monitoring resulting in help arriving due to the duress code being received

In other words, the panel is able to decipher 2222 as duress, at the lock, and distinguish that code from all the other codes.

Correct. There’s not a lot of official documentation, but that is the purpose of the integration. In a Lock-Triggered Duress event, you are causing a duress alarm signal by using a designated panel duress code to unlock the lock. Alarm.com forwards a duress alarm to the monitoring station.

1 Like

Thank you. This is good news. I wanted to be really sure because I asked this question a few years back and was told no. I had a GC2 panel at the time and on that thread I asked again in June 21 and was told no. I believe when I asked the second time on that thread I was going to buy the iq4

The feature is relatively new and recently enabled for Surety users.

Visit your users page in Alarm.com and edit the duress user to sync with locks. You can select lock access now for the Duress code.