Door locked announcement

Distance certainly shouldn’t be an issue then, no.

We’ve started the firmware update, let us know if you notice the lock does not state status.

Thanks, I set an alarm so I can try to be nearby to listen for it.

Interesting, it just gave the notification twice, about an hour ahead of the previous time.

Got a 3rd notification. I just unlocked the door to see what it says if it isn’t actually locked.

You’ve actually got firmware update commands going through right now, looks like they kicked in late. I would expect announcements here and there while processes restart.

When you do hear the announcement at a time when the door is not experiencing interaction, can you note the time as well? As specific as possible will help correlate with history.

Ok, it was at 11:27AM local time, but if it is still doing updates, it could be related to that. Thanks

Disregard any panel announcements until we confirm that all the commands have gone through please. I would expect it should complete within about 20-30 minutes. (there were a couple updates which could be applied, and they have to be sent sequentially.)

FYI I just checked and still waiting on the next sequence of commands to fire. I’ll let you know when I see them all complete.

Alright, finally have confirmation that firmware is complete. Now that firmware should be ruled out, please let us know if you notice this and the time, that should give us an easy way to correlate with the history and panel logs.

Since the firmware update, the panel announces any time the door is locked or unlocked. It did not previously do that, and I would prefer it not to. Like I said, the panel is 5 feet from the door, I do not need it to tell me that the door is locked when I walk in and lock it. I am not able to find a setting to change this on the panel or alarm.com, any way to disable this message?

Ah, if you do not wish to hear the announcement at all you can go to Settings - System Settings - Sound. You can then disable Home Control Voice Prompts.

Looks like that disables all voice prompts? I was hoping to be able to selectively use them, for example, I’d like a voice prompt if someone opens a back yard gate. Not possible?

Looks like that disables all voice prompts? I was hoping to be able to selectively use them, for example, I’d like a voice prompt if someone opens a back yard gate. Not possible?

It will disable all Home Control (Z-wave Device) voice prompts, yes.

It will not affect sensor voice announcements. Home Control Devices are Z-wave automation devices.

You would only need to uncheck the box next to “Home Control Device Voice Prompts” You’ll need to scroll down to see this option.

I think I figured it out, I can turn off the home control voice notifications only, but leave it for sensors.

Edit: your reply was on a second page, just saw it, thanks!

Hi. I was in the process of creating a new topic when this one appeared.

I am having the identical issue as the OP in his original post. The brand of the door lock is the same as the OP and every day between 5:30 PM and 6 PM, I get an alert out of the blue that my front door has been locked.

Is there any way my firmware can be updated as well?

Is there any way my firmware can be updated as well?

Your firmware version on your panel is already far newer and unrelated to the original message in this thread. There are newer versions that can be applied though which can be done by following the steps here.

Next time you notice this, when was the device actually locked vs when was the announcement? Is it a delayed announcement?

You can also disable announcements via the steps above.

After re-reading the OP, my scenario is a bit different. I am only getting the alert through the app, no announcement from the panel. I double checked to see it it was delayed and it doesn’t appear so as I see the alert when the door was originally locked. The strange thing is that it’s always between 5:30PM and 6PM.

Pardon the firmware question, I thought it was maybe for the lock. I am updating the panel now nonetheless and will keep you updated.

Thanks for your help.

Edit: Lol. As I hit the reply button, the notification that my door was just locked came in at 6:37PM.

It appears that users on Reddit are having a similar issue, the only difference being that they don’t mention having alarm.com:

I will keep investigating.

Your panel reported a locked event at 6:37 to Alarm.com. It appears the lock may actually be sending that status.

I am going to contact Schlage support to troubleshoot. Thanks.