Could you ask 2GIG to add a voice descriptor?

Would it be possible for you to ask 2GIG to create a voice descriptor that says “Mailbox”?

I would think this is relevant now, especially with the new tilt sensor

Could you post updates on this thread? Thanks in advance

We can certainly request that.

That type of change would only happen through a firmware update though, so you can subscribe to this thread to be notified when any new firmware update is available through suretyDIY.

The sticky was a great move on Suretcam’s part. I am subscribed.

Hopefully they add this mailbox descriptor

Could you also ask them to add the descriptor “Repeater”

This is useful for those that purchased the 2 GIG Resolution Products Repeater which BTW solved so many issues for me!

That one is likely since the new 524X repeater must be learned into panel (not just for supervision)

We’ll send that suggestion as well.

Is the 524x repeater by a different company than Resolution Products?

I cant find any info on it.

The 524X Universal Translator and Repeater is made by Resolution Products.

Some information on it can be found here

Here you can find our thread that contains a video overview of the product.

any updates to this request for “mailbox” as a voice descriptor for 2 GIG. Request was made quite some time ago

We haven’t seen any info on it being an addition in firmware updates yet. Implementation of feature enhancement requests is usually based on the amount and frequency of requests. We could not say for sure whether or not it will be added, but we can push this as another request for that descriptor!

please

Absolutely, we’ve contacted 2GIG to request this.

Just checking the status of this. I would think that many people would want to do what we do: mount a sensor on our mailbox flap so we know when mail arrives.

I would think its pretty easy for them to add this voice descriptor

While a request has been made, there is still no word on a voice descriptor for “Mailbox.” While we are always happy to make requests, we would be unable to provide an ETA for sensor descriptions.

As always, you can change the name in Alarm.com for any sensor you wish.

got it and realize that. Just wondering if you can make the request again and maybe state that people are monitoring their mailbox more than before. Not only to get notified when mail arrives, but with mail theft on the rise.

Absolutely understand the frustration on mail theft. We have made this request again to 2GIG for a verbal descriptor of “Mailbox”

Thank you. I think with your added commentary regarding mail theft, it might help

FWIW, I would like to see that as well.

Its so easy to add a external magnetic switch to a 2GIG window sensor so that you can put the sensor way back in the mailbox to protect from weather. Also if the signal is weak a range extender does the trick. Very low cost built so that you know when your mail comes and if someone tries to steal it.

Diamond Dog,

Just curious which sensor and range extender you’re using?

DW-10 with an external magnetic contact on the external zone loop

I have the older version of this repeater https://suretyhome.com/product/resolution-products-universal-repeater-translator-re524x/