Could you ask 2GIG to add a voice descriptor?

Just checking to see if there are any updates on this

No new voice descriptors were included in the recent firmware update. I have pushed this to 2GIG again on your behalf.

Thank you

Hi, was mailbox ever developed as a voice descriptor? I’ve been super patient. Ha ha

No, mailbox is not on the most recent list of voice descriptors. It doesn’t look like many new ones have been added in some time. I have passed this feature request on to 2GIG again.

I think there may be an opportunity for ADC to hear of benefits by doing this.

Mailbox theft is on the rise

This may inspire people to consider protecting their mailboxes, which means more products being sold to make that happen. Switches, signal extenders, their new outdoor switch.

Just asking them without presenting wins for them doesn’t seem to be working so maybe trying this a different way?

Alarm.com is not responsible for panel announcements. 2GIG is responsible for all Voice Descriptors with their panels and these are rolled out periodically through firmware. New descriptors are added based on need and customer/installer requests.

I don’t disagree that mailbox would be a useful vocal descriptor for 2GIG to roll out and I suspect its only a matter of time.

You can name sensors in Alarm.com whatever you would like via the Sensors card so that information shows up in notifications through Alarm.,com, it just won’t announce at the 2GIG panel.

My apologies, I meant 2GIG and not ADC for the voice descriptor requests.

all the content I wrote about still applies.