Cost and complexity to migrate existing system

I have an existing home that was put into my house when I built. It’s a hardwired system (some sensors have been replaced with wireless). I think it’s a Vista-20P with a cellular box (GSMX4G) to the side. There are two panels but displays aren’t great on them, maybe due to lightning.

Im being told that I have to update the system due to 3G going away. I’m not incredibly satisfied with my existing provider and prefer not give them more money. Curious of the cost and complexity to swap over my system to surety.

Not sure what other info is needed.

Thanks for your help.

U could easily upgrade that system by Getting an IQ panel 4 345 vers for the wireless sensors and then u have to purchase a powerg Hardwire translator for the wired sensors and a new Iq remote for the secondary keypad and u be good to go

1 Like

As Charlie mentioned, you could replace the system with an IQ Panel 4 345 version.

If you like the system that you currently have, then you can replace the communicator instead. Looks like your current communicator is an AlarmNet communicator, so it won’t work with Surety regardless of whether it’s 3G or LTE. I believe the communicator you’d need is an ADC-SEM300. Once you have that, you can use the IMEI number to register the system with Surety.

I’m not sure how difficult the install is, but you can always reach out here or send a PM or email to the Surety team for help.

A guide to how to get started using a Vista panel with the Alarm.com SEM can be found at the link below.

Thanks for the replies, after considering the options and being nudged by my wife because I’ve started leaving town some, I think that I’m going to try the ADC-SEM300. Couple questions on that. Can I use an app on my phone to connect to it? I don’t see it listed on surety’s website. Is there a preferred vendor that many people use to purchase?

Thanks for the feedback.

After activating service, you would use the Alarm.com app/website for remote control of the system.

We cannot vouch for any specific vendors, but there are a variety of related Alarm.com equipment vendors online who may have stock currently. For cellular communicators like the SEM I would tend to avoid reseller sites like ebay as the cellular module can only be registered to one account at a time, and sellers sometimes do not have the prior account cancelled before selling.

1 Like