Considering a Switch

My system is currently monitored by a local company. I am considering switching and am receiving conflicting answers.

My sensors are hardwired except for 3 in a detached building.

I have a Concord 4 system and it is cellular based.

I would just like to know what I need to purchase/change to make a switch to Surety possible.

Thanks.

Hey there, the steps to get started using an existing Concord 4 are detailed here.

Looking at that module, is that FW number 183-VZ? If so I believe that would be a 3G CDMA module, and even if it becomes unregistered (it is currently assigned to an active account) it can’t be activated on a new account due to the 3G carrier sunset.

If it is 3G it would need to be replaced to get started. Follow the steps in the link above to find a replacement module or panel. Let me know if you have any questions!

That’s correct on the numbers, it is 3G.

The link you used did not mention a hardwired system. Would I need anything besides either the new module or the upgraded Qolsys panel to make the hardwired sensors work?

Thanks.

Yes, to use hardwired zones with the IQ Panel 2+ you would need a hardwired-wireless translator.

The options would be the PowerG translator here, or the IQ Hardwire 16 here.

If you are just updating the cell module on the Concord, no, you would just replace the module.