Clear Door Lock Jammed Message

Hi,

I have just added a Kwikset 888 z-wave+ lock to my GC3 system. When I first received the lock I was testing it before physically installing it and generated a “Zwave door lock jammed” message. I have acknowledged the alert but I cannot get the alert to clear. Now that the lock is installed, the message still will not clear although it’s been a few days since the alert was generated.

I know with z-wave devices that some alerts have to be resolved before they will disappear from the panel but I don’t know what to do to clear this message since the lock is working just fine after the install.

I have tried removing the lock from the z-wave network and re-adding it, removing the batteries for a few minutes from the lock, removing the power and battery from the main panel and trying to force a lock jammed condition with no luck. I do find it interesting that since the first jammed condition I can no longer force a jammed condition even if the deadbolt is completely blocked from moving and the lock command is sent. Maybe I misunderstand what a jammed lock is.

Any suggestions on how to clear this alert?

Thanks for the help

Correction, if I purposely jam the lock and get the error noise on the lock itself, I see this in the Alarm.com Activity list “Unable to Lock/Unlock (Mechanical Issue)” but the console does not alert, maybe because it already shows a jammed condition? After jamming the lock, I then sent the lock and unlock commands with it operating normally hoping that would clear the message but it did not. Still confused on how to clear this.

I do not see any active trouble conditions on your account, and the status of the lock looks ok.

Since this is on a GC3 and it looks like you have partitions enabled (2GIG calls these “Smart Areas”) I do recall some bugs on the GC3 where trouble statuses would not clear due to multiple partitions.

2GIG never did resolve the bug. Since there are no active alerts reported by your panel, this alert can be ignored if the lock is functioning normally.

Thanks for the help. The only issue I have (and it is a minor one) is that I use the smart areas color (green when good, orange with an alert) to quickly glance to see if there are any z-wave issues (sometimes my outside light strand loses connectivity). If I remove the second partition and add it back will it clear?

Thanks again for the help.

That may work, might be worth a try. Removing the lock and re-adding it I would have expected to work, however this is a logging bug in the panel firmware.