'circulate' fan selectable under heat/cool modes (but doesnt work)

I am still waiting.
Do I have to initiate an OTA update?

Interested on the status of the OTA update too…

?

No update from ADC yet on the OTA unfortunately. Circulate looks to require either 1.3 or 1.5 ADC T2000 firmware.

Circulate looks to require either 1.3 or 1.5 ADC T2000 firmware.

Is the T2000 firmware autmatically updated?

Is the T2000 firmware autmatically updated?

There is no update on the OTA. It has not been stated yet what exact requirements there will be or how it would be pushed. I would guess it would be automatic, but could not say for certain.

On 2GIG I have been told only that it will require 1.14.01 firmware. It will likely require an upcoming Qolsys firmware as well.

Any updates on this?

I spoke with an Alarm.com rep today and they are still working on this. As of this time there is still no set date for release.

is there an update on this T2000 firmware update OTA for “circulate” mode option for Heat? I know there was some talk last spring that this was going to be the case. As far as I can still tell, this is still a buggy feature, that does not work properly.

other bug: https://suretyhome.com/forums/topic/possible-thermostat-fan-circulate-bug-t2000/

We’ll check with some higher ups at ADC to see if there is any steam to this possible add.

Running my fan 24/7 waiting for the circulate function. It will save me a few bucks in electricity when they fix this feature.

Currently, circulate during heat mode will require a newer version T2000. You can check your current firmware version by putting tstat in off mode, and holding up arrow for 5 seconds.

There is no ETA for an OTA. I’ve been told today it is still expected, but there are no further details at this time.

I don’t understand what you mean by a newer version t2000? Do you mean that if I bought a new one it would come with newer firmware?
I press up while off and see 1.20 then C1H1

Thanks

Do you mean that if I bought a new one it would come with newer firmware?

Yes, see here from earlier in this thread.

The capability has been enabled in newer firmware. An OTA has been discussed for existing units, but is not available as of now. From discussion with Alarm.com, it sounds like it is still planned.

Just checking whether anyone has heard an update on this? As I understand it, the issue is if the T2000 is in Heat mode or Cool mode, setting the fan to “Circulate” does not run the fan in constant On? So there is no way to run the fan/blower on 24/7 (as recommended by my HVAC person to better balance the temperatures in different rooms)? I can do it in 24 hour increments with Fan On (24 hrs) command, but would be nice to just have the fan be on constantly, which seems “Circulate” should do but doesn’t? Thank you.

Just checking whether anyone has heard an update on this?

Are you referring to an OTA for older firmware T2000s? No, there is no ETA at this time.

As I understand it, the issue is if the T2000 is in Heat mode or Cool mode, setting the fan to “Circulate” does not run the fan in constant On?

Circulate runs the fan on a duty cycle (a defined percentage of the time) determined by settings. It is not just 24/7.

So there is no way to run the fan/blower on 24/7 (as recommended by my HVAC person to better balance the temperatures in different rooms)?

Yes, you can set the fan to run “on” at all times. This requires “Fan ‘On’ Control” to be enabled in advanced settings for the thermostat. By default this is disabled. You may need to contact your provider to make this change.

Here’s an article about what can happen to humidity levels when running the fan. It’s probably not so much of an issue in dry / cold climates, but something to keep in mind.

Has this in fact been enabled? I’m on firmware 1.5 but can only seem to get circulate working when the thermostat mode is off.

Are you saying you cannot select circulate? It looks like currently you have circulate selected, schedule on, mode is auto.

Or rather does it only activate after you switch the mode to “off?”

How long does your fan turn on for circulation?

I do have this working now, thanks. It just was a wiring issue.