Can't arm remotely

Panel had the yellow inidcator line that said “Radio MOdem Failure”

Signal strength is good, but the icon is red in stead of green

Ran test and failed (cell phone test)

It says “power off”

Do you think this module is going bad? If so can you look at my system (I have the latest GC2 panel and tell me what I need to order to get this working?

I assume the go bridge will still send an alarm signal as that tested ok

pulled battery and power and rebooted. it fixed it.

But now I am concerned about this module

Maybe there is a way to check the logs to see why the cell module failed? It happened sometime between this morning and last night

Do you think this module is going bad? If so can you look at my system (I have the latest GC2 panel and tell me what I need to order to get this working?

I assume the go bridge will still send an alarm signal as that tested ok

It is possible you are seeing the module failing. Given the previous circumstance where it failed on battery backup and we operated under the assumption that was the cause, and this time it appears to have been while the panel was powered up normally, it is very likely the module itself, either its connection to the panel or an internal component is failing.

Replacing the module would be the only real test to verify. Panel logs will not indicate the cause of a communication loss, only the loss itself. The cause must be inferred through troubleshooting.

Yes, the module communication does not impact the Go!Bridge. As long as the Go!Bridge is up and connected your system would otherwise transmit via broadband (not on a cell test though).

Looks like the system is 1.17, so any GC2 module could be used currently. For 3G, AT&T or Verizon are available. 4G Verizon LTE can be found here.

You can use this coverage check tool to get an indication of which provider offers more coverage in your area.

I think I have a T-mobile sim card. Can you verify?

Is the Verizon 4G a better option? There are two antennas but I only have one hooed up. What would I do?

the strength locator shows all carriers to be equaly as strong, but I dont believe that as At&t was weak and I had to switch to t-mobile

Do I have to buy another SIM card?

never mind. I have a 2GIG-GCCDMV-AN which is Verizon.

Should I upgrade to the LTE version?

In the version GCCDMV, what is the difference between the A version and AN version? What does “white” version mean?

The 2GIG-GCCDMV-AN is the original model of the verizon modules and would represent the oldest ones. 2GIG-GCCDMV-A replaced that model number shortly after.

The LTE module would require 1.17 firmware, but would future proof the system as LTE service will undoubtedly be available for longer than CDMA, and data transfer rates are of course faster. There won’t be any noticeable difference in latency with a Go!Bridge though, as IP will be faster still.

You can find the LTE module here.

The Verizon CDMA signal is strong in my home. Att is weak. Do you think the LTE coverage will be good? Your link shows all three the same coverage even though att is weak

Keep in mind phone coverage does not always correlate to machine to machine coverage, however there may be physical characteristics or other specifics for your immediate area which may affect coverage.

If all things are equal, LTE will typically see less coverage signal strength than CDMA still, but in populated areas with a strong CDMA signal, LTE should not have an issue.

Thanks. I live out in the canyons. So somewhat remote. With this being said would you stick with CDMA if it were you? I already know this signal is good

When they erect a LTE tower, do they take down the CDMA tower or convert it?

I would imagine CDMA will be here for many years as a lot of companies alarm and other use it for data transmission

By the time it’s updated, I would think I would go to a new panel. The GC 3 should finally get all the features of the Gc2 by then, right?

I would imagine CDMA will be here for many years as a lot of companies alarm and other use it for data transmission

Yes, CDMA is used in many industries, from Banking to Automotive. Its infrastructure is being/will be repurposed, but that generally doesn’t affect machine to machine networks very much. We’ve heard Verizon plans a 3G CDMA shutdown in 2021.

If you are planning on switching panels, that likely won’t affect you as you’ll probably already plan to switch sooner.

By the time it’s updated, I would think I would go to a new panel. The GC 3 should finally get all the features of the Gc2 by then, right?

I would anticipate it surpassing the GC2 sooner than that, but yes.