Can't arm remotely

Power was lost all at once.

Is this relevant? Remember we had problems with my alarm arming in the middle of the night?

Click on the link below:

https://suretyhome.com/forums/topic/my-alarm-duplicate-armed-without-me-arming-it-help/page/3/

I ended up getting a newer version panel as you may recall.

As part of the “diagnostic process” you had me change q23 to 255. See reply #66272. I never changed it back

Could this be part of the problem? I just changed it back to 30 minutes (unless you want me to do differently)

I can shut power down to both the bridge and alarm on Friday and let you know what happens

No but I believe this post is relevant.

Q23 determines when Radio Modem Network Failure is announced at the panel. We had asked you to change it to 5 previously to see if it had to do with the panel reboots.

I can shut power down to both the bridge and alarm on Friday and let you know what happens

Please do, it’ll be a good test. I don’t think you’ll see it happen again. I think what happened is the Z-wave radio failed and the module got stuck trying to process an incoming Z-wave status command. There were Z-wave related transmissions before your first arming command.

We’ve seen power issues cause a Z-wave network wipe on about 3 or 4 panels now, and it seems to correlate with a large number of Z-wave devices present.

I unlplugged panel and GO bridge at same time. I then armed with my phone app 5 minutes later and it armed.

I waited 44 minutes and tried again. it will not arm. I tried 3 phones. It times out. Same as yesterday.

Can you please make this a high priority to get to the bottom of this as all someone would have to do now is cut power to my house and its vulnerable?

Interesting, Can you check the radio status again before applying power again? Is it showing a red radio status button and “off” for power status?

Also, if you run a cell phone test, does it wake up now or does it fail again like yesterday?

crap, I plugged it in because I have to leave. I will have to start all over again to get you this answer

Ok, yes, we’ll want to verify whether we get the same symptoms again. Whenever you get a chance to test, just let us know. I’ll update Alarm.com and get 2GIG looking into it. If we can prove the exact same scenario occurs repeatedly under the same circumstance we can get a lot quicker response and testing.

In addition, test an alarm signal as well as the manual cell test. The inbound delays are not as telling, but if alarm signals fail outbound to Alarm.com during that time again, that proves very specific issues are occurring with the module.

First I tried to arm the alarm through the app one more time - Timed out

Did a cell phone test and it says "Aquiring network registration. PLease wait. Didn’t get receipt from ADC. Aquiring network registration."Then it does that over and over again until it times out

Power reads off, radio signal strength button is red.

Called dispatch and sent an alarm at the panel. They got it.

Hit a panic alarm from a remote button, they got it.

Rechecked the radio button and it was green. POwer now says on.

Tried to arm from the app - timed out.

QUESTION #2 - I am about to re-add all my z-wave devices. This is a HUGE PAIN. Do you think as we test it will re-wipe them again as we keep disconnecting power and repowering. Its a LOT of effort.

I am about to re-add all my z-wave devices. This is a HUGE PAIN. Do you think as we test it will re-wipe them again as we keep disconnecting power and repowering. Its a LOT of effort.

Thank you for testing. I understand and I think that’s enough testing specific to your system. I think we’ll need to try to replicate and see if we can ever get the radio to fail power on. It’s good news yours turned on for the alarm signals, though it does confirm the error is inconsistent.

You can go ahead and re-add the devices. I do not think further testing would wipe them again (we would see this a lot more often if it was common.)

Out of curiosity, do you have anything else powered off of the 2GIG panel, like a wired siren or relay? Or is the only wiring in the terminal block the power input?

I only have a a hardwired door sensor wired off the panel

I had to disconnect my paneland pair all my zwave devices. Once again the radio button went to red and I could not do a cell phone test per the above posts.

I rebooted the panel and everything was ok.

I only tell you this to let you know this is pretty consistent and recreatable

Just wanted to follow up, still trying to recreate and test scenarios. So far we’re not seeing anything similar on a few panels other than a short inbound delay while on battery.

Can you try powering down the panel completely, unplug transformer, then battery, then remove and re-seat the module, then power back up battery first, then transformer. This would address a couple of hunches for possible causes.

You would want to test afterward. Any change?

Traveling right now, I will get to this on Friday.

However, this doesnt really recreate what happens. If I reset everything from scratch it will probably be fine. The issue is power loss and it running off battery without a reset.

Not seeing how this will give you any insight to what is actually going on.

What I mean is to test the circumstance on battery power after performing the above troubleshooting.

Since we are unable to recreate on multiple systems there is almost certainly something about the setup you have that is influencing this. The troubleshooting steps above address two separate physical possibilities.

Just want to confirm that when you try to recreate this, you are using a Verizon module and a go bridge and you suddenly discconnect AC power to both the panel and Go bridge at the same time (making sure that both data paths were working before disconnection)

Yes.

I did all the above and seemed to have fixed it.

Its still worrysome that this even happened. Any theories as to what may have caused it?

The two thoughts and reasons why I suggested those steps were to resolve:

1. If the battery had previously been disconnected and reconnected after 14VDC transformer was plugged in, or while it was plugged in. Battery power management can be disrupted that way.

2. If one of the module pins was loose/had excess resistance and lower voltage from battery was not enough to power it.