Can't add Chamberlain MyQ garage opener to ADC

I’m getting an error when entering my my q serial number. It is “The serial number entered is invalid or not found. Please ensure that you have entered the correct serial number and then contact us for assistance.”

I did verify that this serial number does work on the chamberlain site. I don’t know if this makes a difference but the wifi is built into the garage door no gateway, but I’ve read others having success adding this model to their alarm.com account.

Just adding the model number. It’s the chamberlain HD950WF.

So I figured this may be an issue with alarm.com not recognizing this since it’s not the normal standalone gateway.
I went ahead and removed my garage opener from the wifi and added a chamberlain cigbu and was able to add my garage to alarm.com that way. It’s one extra piece than I wanted but it will work.

Is this something we can check with ADC on? The wifi garage door openers are gateways on their own and can control other myq devices.

That would be cool actually, and allow me to put the garage door on the second wifi network along with the panel and other stuff that’s segregated from my internal network. Of course my opener is less than a year old so not like I’m going to replace it at this point anyway.

The Chamberlain HD950WF actually has the gateway built into the garage door opener? Cool. I haven’t seen that before. We’ll check with Alarm.com on it. We had a similar issue with another Chamberlain MyQ gateway before and all Alarm.com had to do was enable that range of serial numbers to make it work with Alarm.com. We’ll let you know what we find out.

Yes the wifi receiver is built right into the garage door opener. The process to connect it is similar to the instructions of the 821LM.

I had a 25 year old genie that was made pre intellicode so I figured instead of spending $100 on the 821LM, I might as well change it out with a modern opener that had rolling codes.

Do I need to email or PM the serial number, or is knowing the model enough?

We are currently looking into this models compatibility.

The HD950WF should already be compatible with ADC, but you might’ve been using an incorrect serial. There are two serial numbers on the unit it looks like, and the one you want is the MyQ Serial number. Is this the one you attempted to use? Also, I don’t think you want to add any dashes or spaces, just the digits.

The HD950WF will need to be powered and connected to wifi during the registration.

I was using the MyQ serial and it was connected to wifi. After alarm.com showing it as an invalid serial I was able to go to chamberlain’s site and register it there without an issue, and yes I did remove it again before going back to alarm.com to try to register it.

My serial started with 0e

Interesting, Alright, I will forward that on to Alarm.com. It may be they do not have the full range of serial numbers still.

Let me know when they say something. I assume I’ll have to contact support here to have my current myq gateway removed so I can add the new one when Alarm.com says they got the serial numbers.

I will update here. And yes, we will be happy to help with the gateway swap.

Can you email the full serial number of the HD950WF to customerservice@suretyDIY.com?

I just sent it in.

Alright, I am hearing that this should be resolved. You will want to make sure the 950 is removed and reset prior to adding it as a gateway. We can assist with deleting a gateway from your account. Email customerservice@suretyDIY.com

Jason,

Thank you that did the trick. I was able to add the HD950wf in and commands are about 5-10 seconds faster than they were with the gateway.

I’m getting an error when entering my q serial number. It is “The serial number entered is invalid or not found. Please ensure that you have entered the correct serial number and then contact us for assistance.”

I did verify that this serial number does work on the chamberlain site. I don’t know if this makes a difference but the wifi is built into the garage door no gateway, but I’ve read others having success adding this model to their alarm.com account.

Just adding the model number. It’s the chamberlain HD950WF.

I’m having the same issue as the OP, except my model is a Chamberlain HD750WF. I also verified with works with the MYQ app and have since deleted by my location and door opener from their site.

Murray.

Please email customerservice@suretyDIY.com and include the serial number. We will make sure the serial range is available.

Email sent, thanks Jason!

Jason, I realized there was an extra 0 in the serial number when I wrote it down so I’m not sure if Alarm.com added the correct serial number or it would’ve worked all along but it’s working now. Thank you!

That is good news. Thank you for updating us.