Cameras not recording to SVR

Ok, where do I start. I got in contact with the dealer that sold me the CSVR and ADC decided to replace the whole unit. I received the new CSVR and got it re-mounted in my rack. I had no issues getting it put on the account or re-associating any of the cameras. Once I had it up and running I crossed my fingers and looked at the screen to find out the issue still exists. Half the cameras are black screen and not recording. The ones that weren’t black are recording a few seconds at a time. All the same observations from before.

The bad news I had to leave for work the following day for three months (work on a vessel). I left it all set up/plugged in as it wasn’t affecting my network or any of the cameras. At this point I am confident it is something network related. Not sure what it could be, I’ve changed network switches, cables, plugged in directly to the main router, and even hooked up my Asus router directly to the modem and set the whole system on that with same results. Only thing left to do is reset all the cameras to factory and see if that makes a difference? Is 106Mbps/10Mbps sufficient? Just worried the upload speed may be the issue. I have problem viewing the cameras lag free from outside the network. Issue with the modem? Doubt it as I would be having other issues in my network. I would say I will redo my whole network (routers) but the Asus AC2900 would have proved this theory.

I previously used the 8ch 122-SVR with no issues so I didn’t think this would draw enough to not work properly. I’m only using 11 of the 16 channels.

If you have any thoughts or ideas for me to try when I get back home that would be great, unfortunately I can’t do much troubleshooting from work right now.

I appreciate your time with this issue.

Never mind, that shouldn’t matter since it’s LAN. Just trying to think of anything it could be.

We recently had another user report similar issues with the SVR122 using the Orbi setup, but they never had issues with actual recording, and it came out that streaming the cams and viewing them when connected to the Orbi network was causing failures but if the user tried turning off wifi on their device and accessing from cell data they were able to connect and stream all cameras without issue. Orbi seems to definitely cause issues.

Based on all of our prior troubleshooting for your device we had landed on the likelihood that the SVR itself was being throttled.

When you moved all the devices over to the AC2900, did you also bring over any non-surveillance related equipment?

Ultimately we will need to completely remove Orbi from the equation I think, as it is likely to cause issues that either contribute to what you are seeing or will obfuscate the underlying cause and layer more network issues on top of your specific issue.

Can you confirm whether you can add all Cameras and the CSVR to the AC2900? Please be sure to add just those devices.

Also just to be 100% sure, the monitor you are viewing them on is just connected to the SVR via HDMI right?

Orbi does seem to have issues with multimedia and all their settings from reading online (beamforming, fast roaming, wmm, mu-mimo, daisy chain, etc.). If you don’t get them right for your setup, stuff won’t work right.

No, I connected via wifi the 11 cameras and connected the csvr via ethernet, directly from the modem. I did not bring any other devices over with them. I experienced the same exact outcome with it. The only issue I can think of is the router was not factory reset prior to testing, it was still setup with my old ssid and password/setting. None of the old device connected though, I made sure. When I get back home I am going to attempt that again but with factory resetting the Asus and starting from scratch. With the orbi system disconnected completely to let me know if the problem follows. If it doesn’t then we know it the Orbi system, if it does we can most likely narrow it down to modem or cables since I’m confident its not the csvr now.

If, I can get the cameras and csvr working perfectly (crossing my fingers) with the Asus router, is there going to be any downside of leaving them on there by themselves? Only issue I can think of is for the streaming to the IQ 2 panels/remotes. If they are on different networks I’m guessing they wouldn’t stream to them? I don’t mind having two routers operating if everything is working correctly. I have no other houses around so I can make sure they operate on separate channels so really shouldn’t be an issue.

If, I can get the cameras and csvr working perfectly (crossing my fingers) with the Asus router, is there going to be any downside of leaving them on there by themselves? Only issue I can think of is for the streaming to the IQ 2 panels/remotes. If they are on different networks I’m guessing they wouldn’t stream to them?

It would be best to keep only the cameras and SVR on the one network to test, but if we can get them stable, there shouldn’t be any issue with moving the IQ Panel 2+ over to that network as well later.

I don’t think the IQ Panel 2+ is the issue, but if you have streaming to the panel set up, that might be something to try turning off just in case.