Bus Failure Concord

I installed a new cellular module on my concord 4 system. I had a cdma and got a new 3g/lte.

I’m getting a bus system failure 2 code. My previous alarm company won’t give me the installer code and they won’t come out to my house unless I have service with them. Pretty annoying. I even contacted BBB with no luck.

Is there a way you can go in the backdoor through the cellular module and reset the installer code or clear the annoying alarm (beeping) from going off every few minutes.

Bus devices are the keypads and modules. Bus failure typically indicates loose or incorrect wiring, but in this case it is due to the fact you have removed a bus device that was previously connected and learned in (the CDMA module) and that needs to be deleted. See Accessory module instructions on page 73.

Is there a way you can go in the backdoor through the cellular module and reset the installer code or clear the annoying alarm (beeping) from going off every few minutes.

If you have active Alarm.com service through suretyDIY you can request the installer code to be defaulted on your system remotely, yes.

If you do not use suretyDIY as your Alarm.com service provider we cannot affect your alarm system.

You can find information on how to get started with an existing Concord here.

Thank you for the response…

Currently my cellular module is linked to another diy monitoring service. I hadn’t found suretydiy until after the fact.

I had CPI, discontinued service with them over a year ago. Called company ‘x’ to set up new monitoring service. “no problem, we will send you a new cellular module since your current one is cdma”

Received the new “LTE” module. Installed with no issues. beep beep beep… bus failure unit 2.

So, after reading your response I called the company that sent me the module. “hey, can you backdoor and reset my installer code” sure no problem… but wait… they can communicate with the module (ie get a signal) but my system can’t communicate with them! Or something to that affect. This is becoming quite frustrating.

I read the ‘existing concord here’ link you supplied however, I don’t have the installer code to get into the system so I can delete the old cdma device.

As soon as I can get them to fix these issues, I plan on signing up with suretydyi but I’m not sure if I cancel with company ‘x’ you will even be able to assist with the problems I’m currently faced with.

Do you have any insight?

As soon as I can get them to fix these issues, I plan on signing up with suretydyi but I’m not sure if I cancel with company ‘x’ you will even be able to assist with the problems I’m currently faced with.

Do you have any insight?

We are happy to provide assistance. By problems are you referring to what has already been stated or do you have other questions?

they can communicate with the module (ie get a signal) but my system can’t communicate with them! Or something to that affect. This is becoming quite frustrating.

I’m not 100% sure what they mean by this, but they are likely referring to Access Code Lock feature on the Concord 4 which can prevent other remote commands from completing. They would not be able to send installer code changes with Access Code Lock on.

Access Code Lock can be turned off remotely though as long as the module has communicated with Alarm.com. This is a standard capability.

If they mean your system is not communicating on cellular to Alarm.com you would need to work with your dealer to resolve. Access Code lock is the likely problem though.

apparently my system is not communication with alarm.com. alarm.com can communicate with my panel though.

idk, I’m cancelling service now with company ‘x’.

I’ll see if you can fix this issue of changing the installer code and setting up service.

We’ll be happy to help. Orders for service are processed during business hours Monday-Friday. Upon completion of processing you would receive a Welcome to suretyDIY email which will detail steps to get connected to ADC with your new account through suretyDIY.

You can then submit a request via our secure message tool here to have Access Code Lock removed if it is active once the panel has communicated.

ordered the service, got the welcome email. followed the steps to send the signal… went to the link to activate the setup wizard. the message I get is ‘your control panel has not communicated with Alarm.com. Please make sure your control panel is powered on then try again. If you are still having trouble, please contact us.’

This means ADC has not received a phone test from the system. I would power cycle the system locally and then try running a cell test.

If this doesn’t work I would then look into the wiring of the module. The module is powered and can be pinged by ADC, I see what the previous dealer was seeing, but if the data wires are mismatched that might easily explain all your symptoms, including bus failure.

The two data wires would likely just be flip flopped.

‘I would power cycle the system locally and then try running a cell test’

Did this, no luck.

‘If this doesn’t work I would then look into the wiring of the module.’

did this, no luck…I even moved the green and yellow and got a failure to unit 4 and unit 2… thus I had it correct the first time.

I believe the issue is that it’s not recognizing the new cellular module since the old one is still programed into the system. I can’t delete the old one until the installer code is reset to 4321.

I believe the issue is that it’s not recognizing the new cellular module since the old one is still programed into the system. I can’t delete the old one until the installer code is reset to 4321.

We’ve sent over a handful of commands, and the module is indeed responding, even reacting to a request for a manual phone test. However it looks like yes, the module cannot properly interface with the panel.

I don’t recall swapping a Concord Module precluding signaling until deletion of the first, but to verify I have reached out to Interlogix. As soon as I can confirm this I’ll update here.

Note the module is not manually added to programming in any way, just found via a Bus Device scan that occurs on power up of the panel.

Just to clarify, a local power cycle of the panel would require fully disconnecting power from the Concord and ADC Module, AC transformer and battery. Allow it to remain powered down for 30 seconds or so before re-applying power, battery first then transformer.

The panel should go through a Bus Scan upon power up.

Interlogix indicated that a prior module shouldn’t cause this failure by itself and a new one should be found by the scan. The problem may instead be a combination of this and the Access Code Lock feature, ADC support indicated that they have seen this before.

We’ve sent over a couple commands to change the Installer Code to default 4321. Can you try that to see if it works? If not unfortunately the existing installer code will be required locally to resolve.

unplugged battery, AC transformer and disconnected red wire from ADC module. Waited over 30 seconds. installed the red ADC lead, plugged the battery back up, then inserted the ac transformer in the outlet. Did this sequence 3 times. Still getting the bus 2 and factory installer code (4321) not working.

Gotcha, alright, yes unfortunately this will need to be resolved with access to programming. Be sure to both delete the Bus device and turn off Access Code Lock to ensure that follow up attempts are successful if you are able to get access.

One last thing to check is the different error codes indicated by the LED L1 on the module board.

It will flash in sequence up to 8 times to indicate various issues. If there is more than one issue it will alternate. How many flashes do you see? (just want to be sure there is no hardware issue with the module itself.)

no light on L1, L2 flashed amber every few/four seconds, L3 no light, L4 flashes green every second or three.

Interesting, and odd that the error LED is not flashing. Unfortunately ADC and Interlogix both indicate the existing installer code will be required locally to resolve in this case.

Access Code Lock can be found in System Programming under Security - Global.

Interesting find… apparently my imei was register to another customer at the brand x company. They have fixed the error. Is there a way you can test a communication with the correct imei? or do i need to set up an account again.

Interesting find… apparently my imei was register to another customer at the brand x company. They have fixed the error. Is there a way you can test a communication with the correct imei? or do i need to set up an account again.

The Alarm.com communication module ID cannot be registered to two dealers or accounts at one time. An account cannot be set up without the appropriate module ID. As your module was set up and communicating with suretyDIY, the correct unregistered module number was already provided when service was purchased. Are you possibly saying you provided a number for a different module?

Without an active subscription and service account we cannot access or test, no.

long story short, the imei number i registered to Suretydiy was a written down imei not the one from my adc module. company x told me that they put the wrong sticker on my adc module and that my imei was assigned to another account and thus they gave me the imei number from the other adc modules account that had mine. It has been fixed. however I still have the bus 2 failure issue to address… so basically, i registered the wrong imei.

hopefully that’s all it was…

long story short, the imei number i registered to Suretydiy was a written down imei not the one from my adc module. company x told me that they put the wrong sticker on my adc module and that my imei was assigned to another account and thus they gave me the imei number from the other adc modules account that had mine. It has been fixed. however I still have the bus 2 failure issue to address… so basically, i registered the wrong imei.

The manufacturer assembles and assigns the communication ID, not the vendor. The module sticker is placed by the manufacturer. However if the vendor uses some sort of additional physical system to track and they mistakenly assigned the wrong number to the two accounts that would certainly make troubleshooting impossible.

You can confirm that the module you have is unregistered by using this check tool.

To get started with service you would just need to purchase a new subscription and supply the correct number on the survey.