Bogus Temperatures Reported by ADC-S40-T Temp Sensors

Ever since I added two ADC-S40-T temperature sensors to my system, I have been getting intermit bogus events where these RTSes report an incorrect (and wildly inaccurate) temperature reading. They eventually correct themselves with an updated (correct) temperature reading minutes or sometimes hours later. In the example below, the reported temperature was off by 30 degrees!

I have temperature threshold alerts set up for all my thermostat and RTS units, so I get ding’ed everytime this occurs. Since these RTS units are also used to drive thermostat setpoints, this creates more than just an issue with nuisance alerting.

I also have a few of the older ADC-S2000-T temperature sensors, but I have never had the same issue with them despite also having temperature threshold notifications set up for them. All RTSes are being used with a Qolsys IQPanel 2+ and the same ADC-T3000 thermostat.

I have tried rebooting both the IQPanel and the thermostat, but this doesn’t appear to have made any difference, as I continue to see repeat events. Any ideas?

Ever since I added two ADC-S40-T temperature sensors to my system, I have been getting intermit bogus events where these RTSes report an incorrect (and wildly inaccurate) temperature reading. They eventually correct themselves with an updated (correct) temperature reading minutes or sometimes hours later. In the example below, the reported temperature was off by 30 degrees!

Just to clarify, are you seeing the actual temperature reported in the app or website for that temp sensor to be off by that much? Or are you only seeing the discrepancy in the notifications, like the ones in your image?

We’ve seen some various issues with the notifications specifically in the past which is why I want to clarify and make sure those notifications accurately reflect what the sensor is inaccurately reporting, not the other way around.

I just had this happen again today and was able to verify that:

1. Triggers ADC app notification rules (as per initial example / screenshot)

2. Bogus temperature shows for the RTS in ADC app under Temperature Sensors

3. Bogus temperature is verified to be impacting the system’s view of Current temperature. In this morning’s example, the RTS claimed it was at 32 degrees. A different RTS was selected at the time per the schedule, so I manually unselected that one, selected the RTS showing the bogus temp and the thermostat began to show 32 degrees as the Current temperature (in the ADC app, at least - I was not home to see what the physical thermostat may or may not have been indicating).

Alright, I think the next step will be to remove those from the panel, factory reset those devices, then relearn them.

Delete them from the panel using the Clear Device step under Z-wave settings.

Factory reset them:
Remove the battery door, tap the tamper switch three times in a row, press and hold the tamper switch for 10 seconds until the LED starts flashing. Then, release to reset to default.
After the tamper switch is released, the LED will blink quickly and then turn solid for 3 seconds indicating that the device is resetting.

Then learn them in again and monitor. Do you see the same unusual temps reported?