August Smart Lock Z-Wave Issues?

Has anyone had sustained success with August Smart Lock Pro and ADC/Qolsys integration? At one time they were on the ADC compatible products list but seem to have been removed. I’ve been fighting with one for about a year with little success. When connected to Z-wave it tends to drop off within a day or so and requires power cycling with battery removal to reconnect. I also had battery issues were it would die within 10 days or so. August recently sent me a new one under warranty but I’m not sure it’s any better.
I have three other Kwikset locks on the system that work flawlessly but this particular door won’t accommodate the Kwikset dimensional profile without substantial modification. I could try the Danalock but I’ve seen very little review with that product and z-wave integration, I’m concerned I may have the same issues with that unit and be out $300 for the educational experience.
So TLDR, has anyone had a good experience with the August lock connected via Z-wave or should I give up?

Alarm.com ended support for new August Smart lock installations as of June 21, 2021.

August released a new generation of the Pro which if I recall had some compatibility issues and support was dropped.

Supported locks are listed here. Danalock is one of the models.

Any comments on the quality/functionality of the Danalock product? Seems similar to the August lock and I really don’t want to waste money on another turd of a lock. Especially since the Danalock is around $300.

Only a handful of posts reference the brand and as we do not carry the lock, I could not speak to its quality.

@jwcsurety That’s a bummer! I’ve extensively tested smart locks and strongly believe the august is the best out there for numerous reasons. Is there any chance of re-introducing support down the road?

@brice2432 I tried the danalock and returned it. I had numerous problems with it, including (the primary issue) it inconsistently being able to generate enough torque to lock and unlock the two different doors I tried it on. It’s been a few years, so maybe now it’s better? I also found their software messy. I’ve had three august locks over the same period on various doors. It’s been 100% reliable and easy software. The only complaint about the august has been that on my wife’s phone, it sometimes took closing the app and re-opening the app for the lock to look “online”. On my phone (interestingly same make/model phone) I never had that issue and found it reliable.

To me, not supporting the august lock is a major miss for Surety and ADC. It’s one of the few that has been reliable for years, is not visible from the outside (can’t tell if you have it or not), and reasonably priced.

Is there any chance of re-introducing support down the road?

Alarm.com supported the Z-wave version of the lock, not the Wifi version. The manufacturer ended support for the Z-wave version around the time ADC dropped support for new installations of the lock I believe. I don’t think they even make a Z-wave version anymore, though that may have changed. I do not see one listed under products on their website.

I would not be able to speak for Alarm.com or future development, but I am not aware of any imminent support for Wifi models.

We’re always happy to forward feedback or feature requests to Alarm.com, they are very receptive to requests, but not all make it through. I would not be able to guarantee a change or provide an ETA.

Thank you @jwcsurety, I think this information may be inaccurate. I checked on August’s site and they say they still support Z-Wave. I also checked the August app (I have the lock) and it shows Z-wave integration. So I contacted their support and they confirmed it. Here is their response:

The August Smart Lock Pro still supports Z-Wave connectivity with compatible hubs, and to add you should be able to see the option to do it from the “Lock Settings” on the app.

Sounds like it may work?

On August’s website they show they sell two wifi models and a Smart Lock + Connect which appears to use its own hub for communication. I am not seeing new models of the Pro with Z-wave, but I would defer to whatever the manufacturer tells you. If they produced more they may sell that model through alternative channels.

Regardless however, if you buy any August Smart Lock Pro with Z-wave, it is not supported by Alarm.com and proper functionality would not be expected unfortunately. Only locks added on accounts prior to 6/2021 are supported.