App Interface Suggestion

One feature I really enjoyed in other home control apps such as Homekit, Lutron, etc is the UI and how it sorts the house into “Rooms”. From what I can tell the ADC app only sorts by devices. Would it be possible to suggest to alarm.com to adjust the UI of the app to allow this someday, maybe give is the option of sort by rooms or sort by devices?

Thanks,

-Nick

This is available within the lights and switches devices. You can assign them into groups for all on, all off of the group (which can be all those devices in a specific room, for example).

Additionally you can set up scenes to run a specific set of commands each time you run the scene, which can be set up to manage a room all at once.

Jason,

This is a neat feature, however it would be nice to expand in the idea.

A good example would be instead of listing the UI by device type, there would be the option to arrange things by room.

Currently the home shows devices, all the locks are in one section, all the sensors are in section, all the speakers are in their section, all the lights have a section, etc.

It would be able to have the ability to show each room with a subset of all devices in that room. IE: Kitchen/Great Room>lights in Kitchen/Great Room, curtains in Kitchen/Great Room, Sonos in Kitchen/Great Room, alarm sensors in Kitchen/Great Room. Master Bed> lights in Master Bed, curtains in Master Bed, locks in Master Bed, sensors in Master Bed, Sonos in Master Bed, etc.

I know its not likely to change overnight, and that Surety does nit control the UI. Just a suggestion for ADC if the opportunity arises.

Of course, we’re happy to forward feature suggestions to Alarm.com!