Alarm.com temp sensors

It appears that as long as I keep the schedule turned to off on the thermostat screen (pic attached) everything works. Not really sure why the schedule has to remain in the off position, but the schedules seem to still run.

Alarm.com did work on the account, so it would be good to test if it is resolved in general with the schedule active.

I switched the schedule to the on position last night and the thermostat is now missing the programmed set points.

In other words, temperature not changed at bedtime and not changed at wake up this morning.

Did you turn it off again? Looks like it is currently reporting off.

At some point I turned it back off to see if it would return to following schedules in the background as it had been.

I see. If you wouldn’t mind, if you could turn the schedule on, I can have a couple commands sent to ensure the command is saved, and then you can test the temp sensors to make sure there are no issues.

What is going on now may in fact be related to the previous error. (Issue may be more with the Tstat than the RTS)

Ok thank you. Schedules back on.

Too bad the sensors don’t work with the z-wave adjustable vents.

Why is it that z-wave protocol uses so many frequencies? I would imagine a protocol would be just that, a defined set of rules or in this case a defined frequency.

Frequency differences only occur based on region of use. North American Z-wave operates on a different frequency than Europe/Australia, etc.

Compatibility is mostly determined by software.

I am having a very similar problem as well. I have the 2gig control panel, Alam.com thermostat and alarm.com temp sensor. Every few hours the remote temp sensor will go offline and shows up as " Unpaired Remote temp sensors". Then I have to go into settings and click the checkmark next to the sensor to get it back online again. I have tested moving the sensor around and the problem happens even if the sensor is 5ft from the control panel.

Is there a fix for this? I like having the sensor but there’s no point if its always unpaired. I have firmware version 1.13.

Moving the sensor without relearning it in will have no positive effect on performance. The RTS must be learned in in its intended location (uses wide network inclusion) and compatible repeaters assist with the learning process. If there aren’t enough repeating nodes in the network you will likely run into issues.

Have you included the sensor when it and the panel were in their permanent locations?

I did not know that I needed to relearn after moving the sensor closer to control panel. The sensor was learned in my upstairs bedroom which is directly over the the 2gig control panel. I would say that the vertical distance is no more than 10 ft +/- a few feet. The temp sensor is actually closer to the 2gig panel than the thermostat is to the 2gig panel.

For the most part the sensor works just fine when it is connected and shows up green via the mobile app. It’s only after several hours that the sensor becomes disconnected and then I have to go into the mobile app and reconnect it again. Is there a way to tell if my problems are because of poor signal back to the 2gig panel or if it’s due to the sensor going to sleep as mentioned here https://suretyhome.com/forums/topic/alarm-com-temp-sensors/#post-39637

Is there a way to tell if my problems are because of poor signal back to the 2gig panel or if it’s due to the sensor going to sleep as mentioned here https://suretyhome.com/forums/topic/alarm-com-temp-sensors/#post-39637

You can press the button on the side of the RTS to wake it up to see if it reconnects.

Is it very consistently a few hours and a disconnect occurs?

I will have Alarm.com look into this account as well.

Pressing the pair button updates the temp on the mobile app but does not take the sensor out of the unpaired status. Please see the attached screen shots.

As for the cadence at which the RTS gets unpaired, I cannot give an exact number but it’s somewhere around 8 hours. I will test today.

I’ve updated Alarm.com, let us know any updates on the behavior.

For the most part it looks like Zwave communication is good on the account. For best performance I would recommend learning it back in with the sensor mounted where you want to use it. The network Rediscovery feature on the panel will not re-map routes for the RTS, so if you move its location, you want to learn it in again.

Thank you very much Jason. I will relearn the sensor and see how long it stays working. I will give an update tomorrow.

I have removed all of my z-wave devices and re-added them. The sensor seemed to stayed paired for a very long time this time, much longer than before. However now alarm.com is reporting that the sensor has stopped sending updates. Any suggestions ?

alarm.com is reporting that the sensor has stopped sending updates.

Did you manually remove the temp sensor as a selected device in temperature calculations? Or did it disconnect by itself? It looks like it is not currently being used.

Can you provide a screenshot of the error message you see stating the sensor stopped sending updates?

I did remove the sensor as a selected device add then re-select it, in an attempt to make it check back in. Here is a screenshot that I just took stating that the sensor is offline.

1-4-2016-5-21-18-PM.jpg