Alarm.com subscription coming to an end

Hello,

I bought a new home from DR Horton and i just got an email that my subscription to alarm.com is coming to an end. I was not aware that DR Horton paid for 3 years upfront…but the services i have which do not include security would cost $25 per month to continue.

I only have 3 devices connected to the alarm.com hub, my garage door, doorbell camera, and the porch light. every other device i have in my home is connected directly to alexa via wifi.

these 3 devices are Z-wave. I do own the hub, and the alarm.com skill is turned on in alexa…so i can say to alexa…“tell alarm.com to close my garage door” and it works fine.

the alarm.com app however has a button on it to close the garage door…the alexa app does not.

to me…the $25 per month to be able to use the alarm.com phone app is way too much. the doorbell i have is by skybell.

Does anyone know how to control these three devices from the alexa app with a button instead of only voice commands?

Thanks in advance

Surety is a DIY Alarm.com service provider. A thread discussing Home Builder programs and getting started with Surety is found here on our support site as well. You can then get started with Surety service here.

these 3 devices are Z-wave. I do own the hub, and the alarm.com skill is turned on in alexa…so i can say to alexa…

The SkyBell Doorbell is Wi-Fi, not Z-Wave and connects to the local network. If it is an Alarm.com branded SkyBell it is meant to be used with Alarm.com service.

Depnding on what the Garage is, it is either Z-Wave (likely the Linear GD00Z-X) or is is myQ/Aladdin. If myQ or Aladdin, it is Wi-fi and could work with its own native app.

The panel could directly control the Light and Z-Wave Garage without Alarm.com service