Aeon Labs Aeotec Z-Wave Smart Energy Monitor

I have the 2GIG Go!Control Panel with firmware version 1.13. I just added an Aeon Labs Aeotec Z-Wave Smart Energy Monitor Model AEDSB09104ZWUS. How do I clear the history in the Energy area of my control panel to get rid of the old energy readings? It’s also reporting a low battery alarm. I have it plugged in so I don’t have to use batteries. But even with good batteries installed it has the alarm. Any ideas?

Thanks

This may be affecting you here. Looks like a firmware update resolved the battery issue for others.

If you remove/re-add the meter, historical readings will be purged.

Jason,

I checked to see if Aeon Labs had the latest Home Energy Meter firmware on their website and they only had version 3.64. I don’t know how you guys got the latest version 3.67 but it worked great. Now there are no batteries in the meter and it’s being powered by my electrical panel and I’m not getting any low battery alarms.

Thanks,
Keith

Glad that resolved the issue for you!

Does anyone know if the gen 2 of the Aeon energy monitor (AL-DSB28-ZWUS Z-Wave Home Energy Meter) is compatible with the Qolsys IQ panel? If not, is the gen 1 compatible?

Thanks all.

Micky

The official list states compatibility with DSB09104-ZWUS, which would be gen 1. We’ll check with Qolsys to see if gen 2s might work and follow up.

Thanks so much for the quick reply.
Micky

Qolsys has stated only the first gen has been tested as compatible.

The second Gen may work, although in the case of 2GIG this is not true.

wondering if this is still true. I would like to get one of these Home Energy Monitors by Aeotec with my IQ2 panel. Alarm.com lists the Gen 2 device on their website. Does this mean it will work/be compatible with the IQ2 panel?

Also, I have energy monitoring usage on my account via my Sump Pump Aeotec HDS switch. If I added the above home energy monitoring device, would it simply just appear under my sump pump in this card? Does energy monitoring appear on the panel or just adc.com app/website? thanks

Since then Qolsys has listed compatibility with the ZW095-A (the Gen5 version) as well.

Alarm.com lists the Gen 2 device on their website. Does this mean it will work/be compatible with the IQ2 panel?

The list on Alarm.com is usually a good list to follow, but it specifically references devices that are tested compatible with Alarm.com-manufactured Z-wave radios (the ones in SEM, and Interlogix panels for example)

The Qolsys panel list is typically a better one to go off of for the IQ Panel 2 specifically.

Also, I have energy monitoring usage on my account via my Sump Pump Aeotec HDS switch. If I added the above home energy monitoring device, would it simply just appear under my sump pump in this card? Does energy monitoring appear on the panel or just adc.com app/website?

No, it is not found with the water management sump pump monitoring card. Home energy monitoring details would show up under the Activity page in Alarm.com, under a new Energy tab.

thanks, Jason!

I’m a little confused at the models numbers for the Aeotec energy monitors, it seems there are 3 of them:

ZW095-A
Gen5
Aeotec Home Energy Meter: 2nd Edition (Z-DSB28-ZWUS)

Did I get this right? Or, are the first two the same? The third one is listed on the adc.com website, while the first two are the QolSys website.

Yep, sorry I see the way I wrote that above could be misleading. Edited it for clarity.

ZW095-A is the Gen5.

The Z-DSB28-ZWUS is an older model.

thanks! that is exactly what I needed to know. Cheers

Just got the Gen5 ZW095-A meter today and without actually installing it in my electrical panel, I wanted to see if it integrated properly. Added it through the z-wave network on my iq2 panel and it showed up as “energy clamp” with no options other then custom name. No problem, it listed as a zwave device on my panel. However when I log in to my adc.com app, click on “Energy Usage Data”, just my sump pump energy monitor show up. Am I missing a step?

However when I log in to my adc.com app, click on “Energy Usage Data”, just my sump pump energy monitor show up. Am I missing a step?

Z-wave devices in general might have a delay in when the panel reports those devices to ADC and syncs the device details. Surety users can send a command to sync their panel device list with Alarm.com via the Surety System Manager.

If you do not use Surety as your service provider please be sure to contact your provider for assistance with updating your equipment list in Alarm.com.

indeed that was case, I just didn’t wait long enough. Its now working as it should.

Do you know how to change the billing cycle? My electrical provider is not listed on the list.

You adjust those settings under Activity > Energy Usage > Settings & Bill Information.

However I believe to define a billing period you need to select a compatible provider, as this is used to display energy usage costs.

You might request that your energy provider be added if possible to ADC’s list of options.