Adding T3000 to IQ Panel 2

I upgraded to 2.5 last week Thursday I believe.

The tstat firmware MFW version is 1.2.

Thank you, I am speaking with Qolsys on this and we’ll see if we can recreate it.

Qolsys isn’t able to recreate this so far.

Can you try doing a panel Reboot (Settings > Advanced Settings > Panel Reboot) then try a Z-wave Daughtercard Test under System Tests? What is the result?

I rebooted the panel and ran the test on the zwave daughter card and it passed.

Have you tried factory resetting the thermostats themselves?

Press the Menu (dash) button.
Select SETTINGS.
Select INSTALLER.
Select CONTINUE.
Select RESET.
Select YES.

Any change?

Hey, so good news. I was actually able to recreate this on a panel.

It looks like 2.5.2 firmware may resolve this error. Please try updating the panel to 2.5.2 per instructions here and then try adding your thermostats. Let me know!

I tried a factory reset on the thermostats last night and that did not work.

I’ll try upgrading to 2.5.2 now.

Please let us know the result when able!

It worked, I was able to add the T3000 to the IQ.

Looks like the upgrade to 2.5.2 resolved whatever issue was preventing the T3000 from being included.

Excellent, glad to hear it.

Just an FYI I had same issue exactly with 2.5.2 and 681 with zwave. I had to work directly with Qolsys engineering through my logs. They have seen that all my 3 t3000 will not pair correctly. Thermostat did say that is pair but panel will just time out. I did get new panel send to me and I just set it up with you guys on my account. I have not add t3000 yet but will this weekend. Will keep you guys posted.

Jason, Tyler

I receive new panel from qolsys update to 2.5.2 and patch zwave to zwave681 and still experiencing same problem. I finally got my tstat to added after multiple attempts. then second one did not want to take so i got it to work with with smart start and my third one I can’t do it. I will reach out to my contact at Qolsys but I was wondering if you guys can do it as well. I think we have some kind of software issue here on our hands with t3000.

The issue relevant to the thread that we observed is due to S2 requirements and was resolved by 2.5.2 firmware.

I’m not sure what you are seeing is the same thing. It definitely isn’t the same thing if you are able to get one thermostat added but not another.

Can you describe where in the process you are seeing an issue? Please describe what steps you are taking.

How far are the thermostats from your panel when learning them in?

Jason,
I also have zwave patch install 6.81 and we are kind a leaning to that being cause. I just send my logs to qolsys last nigh and talk to one of there guys. They had nothing but good things to say about you and Surety.

I add thermostat with normal enrollment. activating including through panel. panel will stay in search mode and thermostat will ether get or not get node assign. panel never populate thermostat in to zwave list and it just times out. at times thermostat will get node number that can be viewed on thermostat but still not bet populated in iq2+. i final got to do it with smart start through panel and scanning bar code… I have 3 t3000 that experience same problem and i have two panels that runs same software (2.5.2 and zwave681)and experience same problem. I’m getting zwave radio send out to me with previous software on it to see if this will resolve this issue.

If i keep trying to add same thermostat over and over with normal inclusion process at time it will take but we talking about 4 to 5 attempts. other devices including locks add fine.

How far away are the thermostats from the panel when trying to learn in?

If I recall correctly, the issue previously (in 2.5) was that when learning in the S2 ADCT3000, the panel would never prompt to enter the DSK number shown on the Tstat.

In 2.5.2 the DSK prompt is displayed and you enter the 5 digits from the DSK that are displayed on the Tstat.

This security key is necessary for successful inclusion.

If I am remembering this issue accurately, you should either be able to add the thermostat or not. If you can get it to work after trying a number of times, that may suggest a different issue, such as range issues during pairing. The thermostat should be within about 6 feet of the panel during pairing.

Jason I actually had thermostat not even a foot away from iq2+.

I never get prompted to enter DSK number pin. thermostat is displaying number on the front.

When you successfully added a Tstat, did the panel ask for the DSK?

no it did not.

do you have t3000 and iq2+ with 2.5.2 and zwave 6.81 that you can try to test?

Gotcha, ok, that’s very strange. Yes, 2.5.2 and 6.81 are what I am using. This is what a successful process looks like:

Is there anything different in what you are doing?

no just like you did. what version firmware thermostat has been on when you did that video 1.2 or 1.3? only difference is that my thermostat is on the wall connected to mounting plate