ADC-W110 not connecting

Hi all. I have followed the instructions for both WPS and AP and I can not get the W110 to connect. My xfi gateway doesnt flash blue anymore when ai press the WPS button. I’ve installed other devices recently, even though I didnt see the WPS blue flShing light.

For AP mode, I get to solid white light on communication, but flashing green light on network. Any help woukd be appreciated.

What is the model number of the router you are using?

Have you reset the W110 to defaults?

Try resetting the ADC-W110 to factory defaults by holding down the communication button for 12 seconds or until the Wi-Fi and Communication LEDs begin blinking red. Then try AP mode again, any change?

I tried that.

Can you please provide the model number of the router being used?

The solid white led and blinking green indicate that the device is successfully connected to your LAN, but has no wider internet connection. Something with the network is not allowing that device to communicate out.

Try a reboot of the router.

Do you have any advanced firewall settings? Who is the ISP, xfinity? Out of curiosity is that a cable or fiber connection?

I’m not at home at the moment, but it’s an xfi gateway.

No advance settings. cable from the street to the gateway.

Do you pay the ISP for any network security services, etc?

xfinity advertises security features on the gateway, which are a likely source of blocking internet access to the W110.

Do you use the xfinity app and have the real time security features enabled?

It will likely be necessary to check whatever default settings are enabled and try adjusting them/disabling to determine if they are impacting the connectivity.

I have no clue, so I’ll check later, thanks!!

Ok, so after repeatedly reseting my modem, I have one of the W110’s connected. Had two showing the correct lights at one time, after setting them up. ANYWAY, it worked for a hot minute, video was up but then it stopped. It times out and if it does come up, the screen is black…then the app freezes.

Where is the W110 located in relation to the router? How far away and how many walls in between?

If this is connected to the Outdoor camera it looks like wifi strength may be a limiting factor.

The wifi signal level for the W110 is pretty low, hovering between 50 and 60%. ADC doesn’t recommend anything under 65%, at that point it is expected to have problems.

Wifi extenders ADC recommends as confirmed to work with the W110 are:

• Linksys AC1200
  • TP-Link TL-WA850RE
1 Like

Its about 30-35 feet away at the front of the house. I placed it there to see if it would work, since I plan to run a cable through the wall and down to it.

I guess you could say two walls are between the w110 and my router, but the w110 is sort of a straight shot from that room out to open space, where the router is located.

As a test I would try it close to the router and we can check the signal strength to validate that as the problem.

Ok, I’ll try that when I get home today.

Ok. I moved the W110 and it didnt freeze after 2- 3 seconds.

I moved it back to the room, but closer to the doorway and it didnt freeze up.

It times out, though.

It will time out, video feeds will time out when watching them after a few minutes, that’s expected.

The device reports a better signal strength now, one that should be consistent. Are you still able to access the feed normally?

Yes. I’m not happy with the clarity, though. Since I bought the W110s, I’m obviously not trying to run a lot of Cat5/6, but I have good attic access to do so. Id need to buy a switch, and I believe I can run some cable for some cameras. Then I can use the W110s for other cams. Any suggestion for a simple switch?

Sorry, for not responding to all of your questions, but I have two AC1200 wifi extenders now, so I can try one to see what happens.

Any unmanaged POE switch would be fine, I don’t have any particular brand recommendations. I personally use trendnet switches.

Sorry, for not responding to all of your questions, but I have two AC1200 wifi extenders now, so I can try one to see what happens.

Alright you’re going to try that with the W110 in its original location? Yes, let us know when you set that up and I can check the signaling on the W110.