ADC-T40K-HD and ADC-S40-T Sensors

Hi, I’m hoping someone can help me with an issue I am having. I have the newest alarm.com thermostat and 4 temperature sensors that are installed in the bedrooms. I set it up so that all the room sensors average out the home temperature and excluded the main thermostat because of its location. For some reason, the app and/or website keeps ungrouping them and defaulting to just the thermostat only. I’m not sure why it keeps doing this, but I have had to update it several times today.

I have figured out this issue. I forgot to add the sensors to the schedule itself. Now that has been resolved, but now I have another issue. I am receiving an error stating that the thermostat has stopped receiving temperature sensor updates and to maintain my comfort, the thermometer has taken over to adjust the system until the sensors are back online. I don’t know how all 4 got offline at the same time. It didn’t occur until after I added the sensors to the schedule.

I figured out the second issue as well. Looks like there is an issue with fixing it online. It only worked if I did it in the app. I had to uncheck all of the sensors, refresh, add them back in, and refresh again. I did this same thing on the alarm.com website, but it didn’t work. I will continue to monitor, but it looks like both of my issues have been resolved.

I figured out the second issue as well. Looks like there is an issue with fixing it online. It only worked if I did it in the app. I had to uncheck all of the sensors, refresh, add them back in, and refresh again.

Thank you for the follow ups, I have not encountered this before, we are reporting this behavior you described to Alarm.com for review. I appreciate you bringing it to our attention.

Thank you for reporting this. I have confirmed there is an issue. I have excluded and included all 4 temp sensors again and I am continuing to have the same issue. An error pops up on the website that states that the thermostat has stopped receiving temperature sensor updates and that it is now defaulting to the thermostat itself. I checked the zwave diagnostics and they are all green to the thermostat.

Can someone please help because this is frustrating. The thermostat is in a terrible location and I rely on the sensors to even out the temp around the house. The thermostat keep making itself default and the rest of the house burns up until I go in and keep playing with it to make it average the temperatures again.

To clarify, are you saying the problem still exists and was not actually resolved by performing setup in the app?

Yes, that’s correct. I’m still having the same issue. Now I am in the process of excluding and including the thermostat itself again. For some reason, it’s reading a temperature of 170 degrees. I’m starting to wonder if I have a bad thermostat and/or sensors.

on the panel, that is. In the app and on the termostat itself, it’s showing a regular temperature. I took a picture just in case

on the panel, that is. In the app and on the termostat itself, it’s showing a regular temperature. I took a picture just in case

We have actually had this reported once before, along with similar issues with the S40T.

Can you try updating the firmware on the panel first, then delete and relearn all the temp sensors and thermostat?

4.3.0 added official support for the S40-T

1 Like

Thanks for this. I wasn’t aware there was an update. I kept hitting the update button on the panel, but would always say no update available. It’s currently updating it now. I had already excluded the thermostat and sensors from the network so I will re add them once the update has completed. Fingers crossed!

Unfortunately, it didn’t work. It keep’s default back to the thermostat and causing the air to cut off because where the thermometer was installed by builder is cooler than rest of house. I have to keep switching between thermostat and sensors in the app to force it to go back to averaging but then after a while it reverts back on its own. I don’t know what else to do.

Is there any difference if you select one Temp sensor as the value instead of averaging with the thermostat?

It won’t all you to do just one sensor by itself. I can do the thermostat by itself, the thermostat and at least one sensor, or a minimum of 2 sensors together without the thermostat.

or a minimum of 2 sensors together without the thermostat

Select two of the temp sensors. Let’s just try eliminating the T40K from the averaging and see if there is a difference.

I have tried it with the thermostat and all the sensors. I have tried it with all the sensors without the thermostat. Every time, it will end up defaulting to the thermostat temperature. know this is happening because in one instance, it showed the sensors as 83, 81, 80, and 79 which averages out to 80.75. It showed the thermostat at 77. On the app, it’s showing the 81 average, but the thermostat says the current temp is 77, which is just the thermostat by itself.

I will try it with just two after I re add them. I have reset the thermostat and sensors multiple times to try to fix and so far nothing

I tried it with two sensors only and same thing. I ended up resetting the thermostat and the sensors to default and re-including them to the panel one device at a time. In the app, the temp from the sensors show as being averaged out but it is not being sent to the thermostat. for example, I tried the sensors by themselves, again, and the average comes to 77 degrees. I update the temp in the app, then go to the thermostat. Thermostat is still showing 74 degrees. The thermostat never cuts on because the average is not being sent to the thermostat. I went to network map and only one of the sensors is connected to the thermostat; the rest connect directly to the panel. I don’t know if that matters or not, but that’s what it’s currently showing. I try to troubleshoot the sensors individually but I always get the error that they are sleep and to try again later. They have been saying that since I first installed them last Saturday.

Here are the pics for just 2 sensors without the thermostat. See how it averages to 79 - 80 degrees, but on the thermostat, it is still 74 degree. At one point on the panel, it goes from 74 to 127 degrees.

Here are the pics for just 2 sensors without the thermostat. See how it averages to 79 - 80 degrees, but on the thermostat, it is still 74 degree.

To clarify, does the thermostat run the cool based on the averaged 79 (even thought it says 74) or does it activate cool based on the thermostat temp by itself, even if averaging is active?

Additionally, ADC stated that when using schedules, be sure that the same Temp Sensors are selected for all three schedule states: Home, Away, and Sleep.

If you only select the temp sensors for one or two of them, it sounds like they are aware of an issue where the sensors will drop off and no longer group with the thermostat.

Can you test this by selecting the same sensors for all three?

For the past week, I have been trying different combinations of sensor to determine what could be causing the system to default to just the thermostat. My initial thought was that maybe there was a faulty sensor that was causing it. That doesn’t appear to be the case. It looks like where there are 2 sensors being used with no thermostat, there isn’t a problem. When there is 3 rooms or more being used to average the temperature, it starts to default to just the thermostat only. Has he other people had this issue as well? I ask because the last troubleshooting step was to try it with just two sensors, leading me to believe something has been identified when 3 or more sensors are included.