ADC-T2000 Schedule

The problem is, I suspect, that it “learns” the automated “schedule” just as if you were to manually change it for sleep and home set temps.

So when you have a schedule “override” event, it is too stupid to know any better, and wont disregard the temporary set temp target change.

Ideally, you would want it to disregard any set temp override targets when it is using the Schedule mode.

When your schedule has an “override” event, do not use remote interactive to change hold or set temps.

I am going to try to recreate this.

So you are saying that using the app to manually adjust the target temp during an override (does it matter if it is “Away” “Sensor left open” etc.?) causes the thermostat schedule to continue making changes at the appropriate times but not to the appropriate temps?

Jason, I have had the same issue (and I disabled schedules) with both target changes made remotely and at tstat.

This is like at least the third person to complain about the same kind of issue.

I see the above post I quoted has changed. And yes, we’ve looked into this with regard to the thermostat “learning” the change, but as far as I understand it this should not be occurring and is not a feature.

So, as an example: Target for schedule is 8am 75 degrees, 8pm, 78 degrees. at 6pm an away override changes it to 80 degrees. So the next 8am change will be 80 degrees?

Is it not that obvious or direct of a change?

I’m looking for an expected pattern of how the Tstat will behave.

I think sometimes it has to occur more than once for it to try and anticipate the “preference” and then do it automatically.

For example, with schedules off, if my temp is 64 day after day, then say one morning I set it to 69, then next morning it is back at 64.

We’ll do some extended testing and try to replicate what you are seeing then.

Will be manually adjusting the Tstat to a temp that could not be the result of schedule temps and/or other overrides. Is a week sufficient to likely see an error based on what you saw?

From my experience, the 7th day was the magic number for it to learn your preference, and then all bets were off as it would deviate from schedules, etc.

Reset tstat first.

Hi all, was this issue ever resolved? I currently have 2 of these tstats and cannot get the schedules to stick. We are on a time of use electric plan so a programmable thermostat is a necessity. I am about to just switch back to my $25 honeywells if this can’t be fixed.

We’ve not been able to replicate. Is this in reference to a suretyDIY account? If not, your dealer may be able to provide some more detailed info regarding your Z-wave network communication quality.

However, happy to help if we can. What is the firmware version on your ADC T2000s? You can find this by holding the up arrow while the Tstat is set to “off” for its mode. There will be two versions.

What is the firmware version of your panel?

I apologize I don’t have a suretyDIY account but I appreciate the follow up. My network seems to be working fine because all of my other devices work properly. I just got done removing both tstats and relearning them so I will see if that helps.

panel firmware = 1.13
tstat firmware = 1.2

No apologies needed, just want to make sure. There are some diagnostics we wouldn’t have access to in this case.

Were your Tstats originally learned in on battery power? Keep in mind they will only function out of FLiRS mode if learned in while connected to AC.

FLiRS can cause some command and status recognition issues, and I generally don’t recommend using it since the Tstats don’t function as repeaters that way.

Do you mean battery power from the tstats or from the panel? The tstats are both operating on battery power full time.

Tstats themselves

They can be run in FLiRS mode on battery only, or be connected to 24VAC from the HVAC and function as repeaters (have to be learned in while on AC).

Do you have an extra unused conductor in the cabling running to the tstat or did the previous tstat only use battery?

I don’t have any unused wires and have a C wire hooked into the thermostat but it appears to be running on battery only. I believe the previous thermostats were the same.

The schedule seems to be working now after the relearn so i will see how long that lasts. I haven’t manually changed the temp yet to see if it will switch back to the schedule. That seems to be the issue. Thank you for your help.

I don’t have any unused wires and have a C wire hooked into the thermostat but it appears to be running on battery only. I believe the previous thermostats were the same.

Sounds like the C wire may not be connected at the HVAC. This can be checked if you wish to use AC power.

I checked and it is in fact connected at the HVAC unit in the attic so that’s another issue I will need to look into.

Well, that was short-lived. After one manual change to the thermostats they no longer adhere to the schedule. I also have 2 remote temp sensors and they won’t stay selected for temperature averaging. In other words, they are recognized by the system and I am able to select them to temp average with a thermostat but next time i login, it is no longer paired with that thermostat. This is extremely frustrating, really wish I would have just bought Nest thermostats.

Does your panel have the word “Emergency” spelled out under the emergency button? Or does it have symbols?

On my home screen there is a “Security” button and a “Services” button below it.

I relearned both thermostats again but this time I did not add the 2 temperature sensors to the system and the schedules have been working fine so that seems to be the issue. I have changed the temp manually and it goes back to the schedule at the next set point. I guess I will forego using the temp sensors for now until I hear of a solution.

On my home screen there is a “Security” button and a “Services” button below it.

I mean under the physical emergency button. If you have the word emergency spelled out, the RTS will not be compatible as that is an older model Go!Control with older Z-wave radio version that does not support the RTS.