ADC-T2000 Humidity Reading

According to the manufacturer of the tstat, (Building36, which seems to have splintered off of Radio Thermosat), it provides humidity readings… how do you enable this function?

Building-36-Intelligent-Thermostat-Product-Manual.pdf (180 KB)

Most settings/features are accessible remotely, with the intention of the thermostat being controlled by your Zwave controller almost exclusively (now, ADC) and it is my understanding that Humidity through Alarm.com (and on the Tstat) is a feature not yet accessible and is being added in the future via firmware. The hardware is present I guess.

Does anyone know if humidity readings (and support for humidifier wiring via the configurable “Z” Terminal) is supposed to be available yet on the ADC-T2000s? FWIW, I believe that I have Firmware Version 1.5.

While I don’t see options for Humidifier or Dehumidifier under the Configurable Terminal setting (only NONE, W3 & O/B Zoning) when logged in via the web page, interestingly, I do see additional “Humidifier” & “De-Humidifier” selections in the Configurable Terminal drop-down menu when viewed from Alarm.com’s Android app.

Not sure if the additional selections I see in the app are merely placeholders for now, or an indication that support for this has actually been rolled out.

Not sure if the additional selections I see in the app are merely placeholders for now,

Talking with ADC there is no ETA and it sounds like yes, these are just placeholders. However it does mean they are working actively on it, so hopefully full functionality will be available soon!

As a follow up, Humidity controls through ADC are now supported on ADC-T2000s firmware 1.5 and up.

Jason,

I know there was some talk way back when about remotely updating the T2000 firmware (and I was a bit skeptical on how that could be achieved), but I gather for those of us with the original firmware, we are a bit SOL?

As far as I know, any update failed to come to fruition, likely due to limitations of Z-wave. I’ll follow up again to be sure.

It sounds like this was indefinitely tabled.

Hi Jason,
Do your most recent October comments on this thread only refer to rive’s question about remote updates? or do they void your September 1 post?
If I buy an ADC-T2000 with firmware 1.5 and up, will I get humidity readings?
I would like to use this to turn a dehumidifier on/off, as well as for tracking humidity levels, will this be somehow possible?
(DSC PowerSeries Communicator with Z-Wave and Gold Interactive)
thanks!
Bill

Do your most recent October comments on this thread only refer to rive’s question about remote updates? or do they void your September 1 post? If I buy an ADC-T2000 with firmware 1.5 and up, will I get humidity readings? I would like to use this to turn a dehumidifier on/off, as well as for tracking humidity levels, will this be somehow possible?
It sounds like this was indefinitely tabled.

The above quote is regarding OTA updates for the T2000.

New ADC-T2000s would have sufficient firmware for humidity features, yes. Your panel module would require v185e or later.

For humidity control over an external humidifier:

"Humidity control systems can have a few different configuration types. Find the type below that matches your situation.

1-Wire Control: This is a common configuration. Typically, these systems are already wired in to the existing thermostat, likely connected to an H, DH, or X terminal. In these cases, simply wire this directly to the Z terminal on the Alarm.com Smart Thermostat.

2-Wire Control: This is also a common configuration. This configuration is typical for new humidity control system installations or for systems wired directly to a humidistat. Often, one wire can be connected to the Z terminal on the Alarm.com Smart Thermostat, and the other wire can be connected to the common terminal at the furnace control board. The furnace control board is usually located behind a panel at the bottom of the furnace and will have labels for various terminals, such as R, C, Y, W, and G. This board is like a thermostat terminal bank. Please make sure the system is powered off by flipping the breaker that controls the system. However, in some cases, these wires carry 24 V, which can damage the thermostat if connected to the Z terminal. In these cases, a 24 V relay should be added. The two existing wires should connect to one end. Additional wires should be connected to the other end, which should connect to the Z terminal and common terminal at the control board, as described above. With 2-wire systems, it is best to test continuity on the wires to determine if there is 24 V present before continuing with the installation.

3 or More Wire Control: These configurations are much less common and almost always incorporate a high-end system with a humidistat controller. In these cases, there may be 2 control wires and one common wire to power the humidistat. If a common wire is present, it is not needed when connecting to the Alarm.com Smart Thermostat. Tape off this wire and leave it disconnected in the wall. There may also be other wires present to connect to exterior temperature sensors. These wires are also not required when connecting to the Alarm.com Smart Thermostat. Tape off these wires and leave them disconnected. If there are additional wires that cannot be identified, please refer to the installation instructions that accompany the humidifier or dehumidifier."

Thank you Jason, this is a great help!
With a v185e or later T2000, do you know if I’ll be able to configure a humidity threshold notification?
(similar to temperature threshold notifications)
Might I also be able to configure for periodic/nightly temp + humidity readings (through notifications I guess)?

Do you know if the latest versions of ADC-S2000-T-RA Temperature Sensors also now support humidity readings?
It appears that these S2000 sensors will only work when paired with a T2000, ie. I can’t just use one by itself to report readings, is that correct?

thanks!
Bill

Humidity notifications can be set up to notify you if the thermostat reads a humidity level outside a desired range.

There is no periodic notification option, but you can view the humidity level at a glance on the thermostat card in the app.

Do you know if the latest versions of ADC-S2000-T-RA Temperature Sensors also now support humidity readings?

Those are temp sensors and won’t report humidity.

They can report temp independently, but they cannot be used to average temps with other models of tstat, just the T2000.