ADC doorbell - Panel Alert

I have the 770 doorbell and I believe it has a touchless feature where it will ring the doorbell even though no one touches the doorbell

This seems to be working as I get alerted on my iOS devices and buttons to speak through the doorbell appear on the panel.

I recall that there would be a sound on the PANEL when it detects a person. Currently there is no sound when it detects a person on the panel and only when someone pushes the doorbell button

I would like both

Currently there is no sound when it detects a person on the panel and only when someone pushes the doorbell button

For Live View at the panel purposes, the panel makes a notification sound based on its internal settings:

• Flick down to open the menu on the home screen, then tap Settings.
  • Tap Advanced Settings.
  • Enter the installer code.
  • Tap Sound.
  • Tap Volume.
  • Using the Beeps and Chimes volume slider, adjust the notification volume.
  • Tap Close.

Alarm.com indicates that the Touchless Doorbell experience is meant to mirror that of the standard pressing the doorbell button, and the notifications are identical.

After setting everything up, if the IQ Panel is chiming based on VDB770 button press, but not on VDB770 touchless press, then it is may be an unavailable feature.

I have reached out to ADC to see if there is a separate setting that can be adjusted. Once we know more I will follow up here. If it is not an available feature I will request it as well.

Thank you.

It does not ring on the panel ever, whether you push doorbell or motion.

Just confirmed. I could have sworn that it did (my mechanical doorbell is on the other side of the house so its a hard to hear)

So the only thing to confirm is “does the ADC doorbell make a notification sound on the IQ4 panel”

It does present a dialogue box. just not sure now if a sound is produced at panel

That may be the case since the touchless feature is treated as a button push, I would expect them to act the same but unfortunately there is no documentation on expected behavior for that action.

There are a few things you can try which may resolve the issue.

1. Delete the Doorbell Person Detection Recording Schedule Rule in Alarm.com. Wait 5 minutes then set it up again.

2. Reboot the alarm panel itself

• Settings > Advanced Settings > Reboot
  3. Disable the Live Stream feature in Alarm.com, wait 5 minutes, then re-enable it.