About 2gig or iq keyfob

Hello I was wanting to know if there was an option to allow to turn off or on a light bulb from the keyfob

I don’t believe there is a way to do this on the IQ Panel, but on the 2GIG panel you can use the built in Open Collector terminals to create a makeshift hardwired zone that triggers a light rule. The fourth button on the 2GIG keyfob would activate this.

See the video below:

Ok also I’m gonna change my grandmothers system to a Simon xt do u know of a way to hardwire siren to go outside we use currently a low

Profile Siren I’m not sure if I can use that same one that’s used on the 2gig now or not ?

Well after watching that video I’m gonna do that instead what type of wire do I need

For the jumper in the terminal block there isn’t much of a requirement. Anything 24-18 awg would work. Outside of that range the wire may be too small or large to securely fit the terminal.

So pretty much the wire that I use to power the panel with

Now will that same set up work on the gc3 if we upgrade to that system

Yes, the GC3 has the same open collector terminal option (in fact it has two open collector terminals).

Oh cool would I be able to program to 2 key fobs to do this option I know the 2gig gc2 has been around awhile but I’m wanting a bigger screen

You can set up two keyfobs to trigger the same light rule, but not two different rules. It does not let you specify which open collector opens via the keyfob output rule, it just triggers open collector 1.

Ok I know this will fix the issue because it’s always been a pain at my grandmothers home because she has to struggle to get to the system and then go through the settings to even turn off that thing if it comes on with out wanting it too let me ask this if I purchase another wireless doorbell like I have now can I set it up to do the same thing or no so like if the key fob isn’t near her does that make sense

Yes, if you are referring to the 2GIG DBELL1-345, that can be used with activity monitoring and can trigger automation rules to turn on lights. In either case (keyfob or DBELL1) a service plan supporting automation would be required (such as Surety Home or Surety Complete)

Ok great Ur so helpful the last company alarm grid always told me that stuff could never been done but tells me they don’t know anything

The Keyfob option is a bit of a hack that only works with 2GIG panels, but it works well and gives that fourth button something to do.

That’s fine with me like I was wanting to place doorbell button by the door inside so if my grandmother needed the light on she could do it easier by pressing the button instead of having fight with the panel

So am I able use a key fob and doorbell to do what I want

You can use the KeyFob and the Doorbell (DBELL1-345) to trigger automation devices like lights/switches, provided you have the proper equipment set up and automation as a part of your service package.

Ok great gonna activate my grandmothers house this week prob Friday or Saturday with u all and activate with surety home complete like I have at my home

Hey Tyler I got another question if I would upgrade to the Iq 345 panel at my grandmothers house and did the PowerG keypad and sirens inside and out and placed the Iq panel some place else could I use the doorbell like on the 2gig set the automation side to turn the light on and off

You could learn the 2GIG DBELL1-345 doorbell into the Qolsys IQ Panel 2+ with 345MHz radio and would still be able to use DBELL1 via the scenario above to trigger a light.