A few camera questions

Hi all - I’m looking to deploy Surety/ADC for the first time and I’ve picked some potential cameras for my system. The system would have multiple of each of the following:

• ADC-VC827P
  • ADC-VC838PF
  • ADC-VDB770

A few questions, I’d love your help with:

1. Are these cameras all capable of the most up-to-date detection?
  2. Can these cameras have monitoring zones drawn (ie. to ignore certain areas and focus on other areas)?
  3. For both of the questions 1 & 2 – are these just centralized features of the software and have nothing to do with the specific camera?
  4. For the cameras (not the doorbell), are these cameras available in gray (vs the white default)?

Thank you in advance!

For both of the questions 1 & 2 – are these just centralized features of the software and have nothing to do with the specific camera?

Yes, this is dependent on the software of ADC backend and the cameras. All the cameras you listed support Alarm.com video analytics. Below are some useful guides to get started. The rules guide shows the options for recording regions to determine what areas trigger recordings within the field of view.

For the cameras (not the doorbell), are these cameras available in gray (vs the white default)?

No, alternate colors are not available.

1 Like

Thank you @jwcsurety, that is super helpful and exactly what I needed to know!