3G Cellular Sunset

I received and email about the 3G cellular sunset and that " If your panel firmware is older than the current 1.19.3.1 required for using the 4G LTE cellular modules, we are happy to provide an over the air firmware upgrade for your panel free of charge. Updates may take up to 24 hours and the system must remain powered during that time. Please contact us if you would like to take advantage of this option"

What do I need to do to get this over air update completed?

We send commands to update the panel’s firmware remotely, free of charge. This process can take up to 24 hours to complete but is typically much quicker.

During this time programming mode should not be entered nor should the panel be powered down. Doing so can cause damage to the system.

The panel will function as normal during the OTA save for a brief reboot at the end, signifying the process is complete.

Just let us know when you would like to get started.

Ready to go Tyler.

It looks like your panel has very low signalling at the moment. Sending the OTA at this time, will likely cause the update to fail, which can brick the panel.

You will want to troubleshoot before we proceed.

Is the module antenna connected to the module?

To troubleshoot, power down the panel completely (while disarmed), transformer first, then the internal battery. Leave it powered down for 2 minutes.

During the downtime, check the module, make sure it is seated properly and that the antenna is firmly connected.

Next, power up the panel battery first, then transformer. Wait about five minutes then check the radio status, what is the signal strength?

How late in the day are you available to assist? Also, are you available over the weekend? I wont be able to do the prescribed during the work day. Please advise.

Hours of operation are 8:30-5:30 pm Eastern, Monday through Friday.

Once the above steps are complete, check the signalling and let us know what it is. If its high enough, we can send the OTA.

I am working on this now. Just powered down. How do I check the signal strength again?

Tyler, I have powered down and powered back up. How do i check the signal strength again so we can initiate the OTA?

Hi, I sent a couple commands to the system to check the signal strength and it is pretty low at 5/31 (we would look for about a 10/31 for good signal).

It is possible to start the OTA, but there are risks. The update would be short, but with if the signal strength deteriorates at all it is likely to get interrupted.

Do you have a 2GIG firmware update cable? That might be a better route.

Let me know if you would like me to proceed with the update.

What does thay cable look like again?

I have one…just located it in my toolbox…whats next?

i have the cable…what’s next?

You can download the firmware file you need here. That is the 1.19.3.1 which will support the new LTE module.

You can then apply the firmware to the panel by following the steps in this video:

That url did not work…any alternatives?

Nevermind…the link worked

I am stuck…after downloading the zip file and extracting it, I get the cp1 and ts1 flash files; however, it wont let me create shortcuts to enter the port number for the usb port. What am I doing wrong?

Figured out what my issue was…I am running the CP1 V1.19.3 update now. Its about halfway through flashing now.

I am glad to hear you resolved the issue! I’m not sure exactly what the issue would have been there. Is it something we can improve or clarify in the firmware update video?

Upon further review it was my fault. Tried to create shortcuts without my mouse…lol. also, i have just powered down my system to disconnect the update cable. Once powered back up what next?

While powered down you should physically swap the cell module to the new 4G LTE one. If you do not have the 4G module yet you can do the rest of the steps later at any time.

When you do swap the module, you will need to swap the IMEI number associated with your account. You can do this in the System Manager by selecting Swap Cellular Module/Panel. Follow the steps in the system manager and you should be all set!