3G Cellular Sunset

I will power back down and do this now… Is there anything else I need to do after swapping the cellular module/panel? Also, my upstairs panel isnt working. its not a touch screen.

also what option should i choose under the Swap menu? Do i need to buy a module or now that the firmware is updated we can do an ota upgrade?

Are you still there Jason? Do I need to install a new cellular module before making the swap or can you advise which option in the drop down I am to select to complete this change?

I also need help with my upstairs panel which is just a keypad. It isn’t arming or disarming the system any longer. The batteries do work. What can be done?

also what option should i choose under the Swap menu? Do i need to buy a module or now that the firmware is updated we can do an ota upgrade?

Updating the firmware of the panel does not change the network capability of the module. The cell module would need to be replaced. The updated firmware version is required to support the new module.

Do you have a 4G replacement module?

I also need help with my upstairs panel which is just a keypad. It isn’t arming or disarming the system any longer. The batteries do work. What can be done?

By just a keypad, do you mean it just has push-buttons? If it is the PAD1-345 try bringing it a little closer to the panel as a test, does that allow it to function?

Jason, I take it then that the cell module you are referring to is a part i need to purchase. Let me know what the part is and I will shop for it and make the purchase.

I will verify the upstairs pad’s model in a moment when I go get it off the wall.

Yes, instructions regarding the exact module you would need if you have a 3G module currently (for all readers here) will be found in your System Manager.

For your system specifically, the module you need is found here.

Ok. The pad IS the PAD1-345 and it did work when i brought it closer.

I would try swapping the batteries in it. Range can be affected before a low battery condition.

Cool…actually looks like one of the batteries fell out. Doesnt appear secure in the housing. Taped it down.

Jason, the new module arrived yesterday…where can I find the installation video?

You can find a video on the process here

Make sure the panel is disarmed then powered down completely first before removing/installing the module. Unplug the transformer first then the internal battery to power down. Always unplug the transformer from the wall as well.

Next, remove the old module and install the new 4G LTE one. When installing the 4G LTE module, make sure to use both of the included antenna.

After installing the new module, power the panel back up battery first then transformer.

You will then need to login to your Surety account, click on System Manager and swap to the new 4G LTE module by entering its 15-Digit IMEI number in the appropriate field. This will associate the new module with your Alarm.com account.

Lastly, a cell test will need to be run at the panel.

Tyler,

Just opened up my package and the part I received is defective. One of the 2 ports where the antennas get connected is broken off the board. It was just in the bag. What is the process for replacing it?! My Order # is 501157 20200929_102811|666x500

I’m sorry to hear that. Customer service has been notified and they are currently getting the warranty return processed squared away. They will follow up via email with additional information.

Ok! Looking forward to hearing from them.

Just installed the new module!

With the new module, you’ll just need to assign the new module IMEI to your account via a module swap by visiting the System Manager and selecting Swap Cellular Module/Panel.

Where do I find the communication number its asking for on the new module. Also, my system is a GC2 correct?

Found the IMEI on the box the module was shipped in…next is the cell test. How do I do that?

Cell test is now completed successfully. Is there anything us guys need to do on your end to verify all is well with the system?

Happy you were able to get it worked out! Pings have been sent to the module and have been acknowledged successfully. The new module is communicating. You should be able to verify in ADC activity or send remote commands to the system to confirm

For anyone else who may read this, specifically Surety customers, after installing the new module, you will need its 15-digit IMEI cellular module number. This is typically found on a sticker either on the module itself, or on the box it came in.

After installing the module, and swapping to it on the back end through System Manager, a cell test will be the last thing you need to do to begin communication between the new module and your Alarm.com account. This video here will show you how.