2GIG Go Control Panel Tamper alarm...

My 2Gig Go Control panel is periodically reporting a “Panel Tamper alarm”; the panel has not been touched or jostled in any way, so I’m assuming it is a sensor failure.

Can I simply disable the Panel Tamper Alarm somehow?

A panel or console tamper alert is relating to the tamper switch on the Go!Control panel itself. This tamper switch is located to the left of the set screw when opening the panel.

A tab on the back-plate depressed the tamper switch when closed. Make sure this tab is not cracked. Also check to make sure that the rubber cover to the tamper switch is intact.

There is almost always a physical reason for this alert to occur. Has there been work done on the panel in the last week or so?

I will take a look at the tamper switch.

The panel has not been touched (except to arm/disarm panel) in many months, so it is bizarre that this would occur all of the sudden.

If there is a problem with the tamper switch itself, can I disable the panel tamper from causing me alerts/alarms?

Yes, I would not recommend doing it unless the tamper cannot be fixed, but you can stop all panel tamper alerts and alarms by selecting Disabled for programming Q71 (system tamper causes trouble)

Hypothetically speaking of course, where might I acquire a replacement panel screw for my 2Gig Go Control panel?

Or even what size screw?

Believe that’s a #4 machine screw. You can find them at Hardware stores, though you may not be able to find them in 1/4 inch sizes, but 1/2 inch would be fine as well.

This is the closest topic I’ve found in my research, so forgive me if I’m missing the correct thread.

1. I’ve got a Panel Tamper alert from December that I cannot figure out how to clear. Yes, I think I remember screwing with the system but I cannot remember what I was doing. How do I clear this alert?

2. under the yellow “Services” button, it shows a failed device and it asks to “press a failed device to remove it. It lists a Binary Power Switch by Jasco (Id: 4f50/3031; node 6 - 1). How may I view what this is and how do I remedy this issue?

3. I’m aware of the shop overhead door being offline and hope to remedy this in the morning.

Now the tamper shows today’s date after pushing some buttons, trying to remedy. System saved and reset.

I’ve got a Panel Tamper alert from December that I cannot figure out how to clear. Yes, I think I remember screwing with the system but I cannot remember what I was doing. How do I clear this alert?

You cannot manually remove a tamper status, the cause of the tamper condition must be resolved to clear that from the panel.

See the first reply in this thread for a description of the tamper switch and what might be the problem.

If you can post a photo of the top of the panel while closed up, and one of the inside of the panel when open, I may be able to see potential causes. Look for something physically causing the tamper switch to not be able to depress all the way.

under the yellow “Services” button, it shows a failed device and it asks to “press a failed device to remove it. It lists a Binary Power Switch by Jasco (Id: 4f50/3031; node 6 - 1). How may I view what this is and how do I remedy this issue?

I do not see any malfunctions listed for your Z-wave devices, did you resolve this issue or did you delete the node?

1 Like