2gig gc3 reset loop

Hi, I have a gc3 purchased 2.5 years ago that has randomly gotten stuck in a reboot loop. I have not updated firmware recently or made any changes to the system or module or anything like that.

It looks like this:
video.

I tried removing the battery, power and cell module without success.

Any ideas what’s wrong?

So just to clarify, it is rebooting whenever you try to view the current active alerts ?

Does it ever reboot on its own? Does it ever reboot when accessing any other page?

It constantly reboots and is not functioning at all… If I leave it alone it will reboot after 5-20 seconds and then do it again. Touching the screen seems to make it reboot a few seconds sooner on average but it’s hard to tell.

My first troubleshooting suggestions would be what you have already done. Next, have you left it powered down completely for an extended time? A few hours would be enough to test.

A potentially similar issue is described here.

Thanks I saw that post. Yes, I had the unit off for 24 hours and tried plugging it back in with the same problem. Any other ideas? Do you think the unit is dead?

It is possible it is unrecoverable. Curious, if you insert a USB with a firmware file right after boot up, are you able to interact with it? Does it prompt you to update? (Don’t update yet, just curious if it recognizes it and maybe is stable waiting for input)

It prompts me to update and then reboots after a few seconds like anything else I try.

When booting up, I noticed it stalls on “reset activated” for a few seconds, then says “reset removed” and loads the main screen. Could that be anything?

When booting up, I noticed it stalls on “reset activated” for a few seconds, then says “reset removed” and loads the main screen. Could that be anything?

This message “Reset Activated” and “Reset Removed” appear above the loading bar briefly during boot up normally.