2Gig GC3 Alarm.com account

ok, I made a new username and just tried to activate.
Now I get error acquiring network failed. I have moved the panel to numerous locations in home. I do have verizon service on my cell and have full bars on phone.

It is a new 4g modem and my panel firmware is at 3.2.3

If you already have an Alarm.com account then you would need to have it transferred to Surety. Alarm.com accounts are provided by dealers/providers such as Surety, ADT, Brinks, etc… not directly from Alarm.com.

It was an alarm.com account provided by an employee of alarm.com. He had me as a developer. He no longer works there. I was trying to take over the panel and make it mine with Surety. I called alarm.com and they could not help me.
I updated panel to 3.2.3, I put a new modem in (4G) ,started a sub with Surety, and I created a new account with alarm,com just this morning per comments in this post and the panel still does not work.

Oh that’s a unique situation. I suspect you’ll have to wait until they open tomorrow to get help from Surety tech support if you want to transfer that account.

If you’re trying to create a new Alarm.com account and the modem isn’t already connected with an existing Alarm.com account then it should work, theoretically.

ok, I will wait till tomorrow and see what they say. I agree the modem should work as it was never activated prior. Could be a dealer setting with the panel too. When I tried to open a support ticket with alarm.com using my previous alarm.com account, it opens a ticket and goes to the previous employees cell number. Who no longer works there.

:joy: Sorry that sounds frustrating. I hope they get it figured out.

I kinda sounds like the employee locked the panel down some how I believe the gc3 has dual path communication which uses wifi so im wondering if there is another IMEI they locked down

I just started a subscription today after upgrading my modem. I already have an Alarm.com account. How do I merge/activate Surety subscription and my Alarm.com account?

Just to make sure all is clear, this is not possible.

Transfer of Alarm.com accounts is available between dealers and some support it, but the case you described it would not be possible to merge old account data.

Registering with Surety is creating a new account.

With a new module, there is nothing linking that panel to an old account. The cell module is what ties the system to an Alarm.com account.

The first step to troubleshoot the module signaling would be here:

Follow the steps for GC3 there, then after boot up try a cell test from the panel. Any change?

Good morning,
I have done all the steps provided many times. I have made the new account w/alarm.com via Surety website.

The panel still shows my old home location on the other coast. The date and time are not correct. off by 6 hrs.
my signal strength is 4/6
registration status is trying to register
connection status is idle
power status is on
sim status is not locked
radio frequency is auto
last test result failed

on the home screen of the panel, the top right of display shows “Surety” logo. I’m assuming because its on my local wifi and my pc is on same wifi.

Not really sure what else to do here.

Please advise,
Thanks,
Bill

Surety

Support. Answers. Connected Home.

Jason   jwcsurety   Surety Team Member   

August 28

I just started a subscription today after upgrading my modem. I already have an Alarm.com account. How do I merge/activate Surety subscription and my Alarm.com account?

Just to make sure all is clear, this is not possible.

Transfer of Alarm.com accounts is available between dealers and some support it, but the case you described it would not be possible to merge old account data.

Registering with Surety is creating a new account.

With a new module, there is nothing linking that panel to an old account. The cell module is what ties the system to an Alarm.com account.

The first step to troubleshoot the module signaling would be here:

How To Resolve a Radio Not Responding Trouble Condition 2GIG Go!Control, 2GIG GC2, 2GIG GC3, and 2GIG Edge How To
2GIG GC3 and GC3e To begin: Disarm the System Unplug the Power Supply from the wall Open the panel and disconnect the internal battery Leave the panel completely off for at least 2 minutes After 2 minutes minimum, plug in the battery and power supply After boot up, wait 5 minutes and check signal strength and/or run a cell test for resolution To do so, navigate to System Settings > Enter Installer Code > Installer Toolbox > Radio Status When troubleshooting, you may want to place your 24…

Follow the steps for GC3 there, then after boot up try a cell test from the panel. Any change?

The panel time, location, some service provider data, etc., has all failed to sync. The initial cell connection commands failed and the cell radio is not responding. The location and time, etc., will be resolved once the underlying connection issue is fixed.

• Can you verify the option selected for Q7 in panel programming? It should be 1.
  • Turn off wifi on the GC3.
  • Power off the panel completely, unplug AC first, then battery. Open the cell tray and pull out the cell sled. Can you take a photo of that sled’s label and send it as a PM?
  • Reinsert the cell sled carefully and make sure it is firmly installed.
  • After power up, do not turn on wifi yet, first wait about 5 minutes then run two back to back cell tests. Any change in response?

Can you verify the option selected for Q7 in panel programming? It should be 1. options are none or alarm.com

Turn off wifi on the GC3. done

Power off the panel completely, unplug AC first, then battery. Open the cell tray and pull out the cell sled. Can you take a photo of that sled’s label and send it as a PM? PM sent

Reinsert the cell sled carefully and make sure it is firmly installed. done

After power up, do not turn on wifi yet, first wait about 5 minutes then run two back to back cell tests. Any change in response?

Cell radio test started
Acquiring network
Failed

My signal is 4/6

Thanks, can you update your firmware to 3.2.6 then try another 2 cell tests?

Hi,
Panel updated to 3.2.6

Powered down 5 minutes.

Powered up

Let it sit 5 minutes

Cell radio test started
Acquiring network
Failed
X2

Thanks,
Bill

Alright thank you. Can you turn on wifi again? I will then send a couple troubleshooting commands

Ok. Give me hour or so to get back home.
Thanks

Hi,
The wifi is connected again. Let me know what you find out.

Thanks
Bill

Alright please go ahead and run two cell tests when available. What is the result?

Re-enable wifi again after. If no result it looks like there may be an underlying issue with that module.

hi,
both tests failed. I will order another modem.

Thanks,
Bill

Have u thought about just buying a new panel since the 2gig gc3 is no longer made ?

I have. Just not in my budget right now.

Thanks