2GIG Edge Panel onboard camera not working

The vendor is sending a new panel and should arrive tomorrow. I didnt unplug the power amd battery since it is being replaced. How do I backup and restore the panel so I dont have to manually program it again? The vendor mentioned my service provider could assist with that somehow through their network but I dont see the option.

The Backup/Restore feature is not currently available for the 2GIG Edge.

However, new firmware that supports Backup/Restore is coming soon. This is firmware version 1.2 and it should be available next week.

We will list it on the below page once the file is released but it should be available for OTA as well:

Once the current panel is on 1.2, we should be able to run a backup that can be passed to the new panel.

Typically, a backup/restore can be run to apply RF sensor programming, User Codes, and panel programming to the new panel. This process can be performed during normal business hours.

The process for the backup restore is as follows:

• We run a backup.
  • Once the new panel is received and you are ready to start the process:
    • Do not program the new panel, leave it powered off.
    • Power down the old panel power supply first, then internal battery
    • Private Messsage us with the new panel’s 15-digit IMEI number stating you are read to begin.
  • We will send commands to begin the restoral process and confirm this has been sent.
    • The restoral can take 20-30 minutes. During this time, do not add any devices to the new panel or send any arming disarming commands or make any programming changes to the new panel.
    • You will know the process is nearing completion once the last of the sensors populates at the panel. Wait an additional 5 minutes or so for User codes to populate, if applicable.

When doing a backup, or working on your system, you may want to place your 24/7 professional monitoring account on Test Mode during troubleshooting to avoid any false dispatches.

You can do this by calling monitoring operators directly at 855-348-0367 or from the Professional Monitoring tab in the System Manager section of your Surety account.

OK Thanks Tyler. I wont hold my breath for next weeks release. I will assume I will need to reconfigure my unit. If they release before I program it then I would be pretty happy. Thanks for your assistance.

Understandable.

Reach out to us if the firmware patch notes aren’t updated on the page linked above and you are ready to switch, just in case it hasn’t been posted yet but is available for download.

Tyler

My replacement unit arrived but I wanted to check and see if the update is available. I will wait until Wednesday for the download. If the update doesn’t become available soon I will start to program the new unit on Wednesday or Thursday.

As of now, I’m showing that 1.2 can be sent via OTA to panels connected to ADC. However, both panels need to be on 1.2 in order for the backup restore to work and I’m not seeing the 2GIG file for USB update available from 2GIG just yet.

Is the replacement Edge on 1.2? Looks like the file is called B.3.1.2.007 locally. You can check by navigating to the 2GIG Logo > System Info > Panel Firmware Version.

Currently waiting on more information from 2GIG to see if they have an ETA on when the file would be available.

2GIG states that 1.2 should be available for download soon but could not give me an ETA. Typically once ADC releases the FW for OTA, the file for USB is not far behind, usually within the week but I cannot say for certain at this time.

I will need to open the package and check the firmware version. I will also try to update the firmware later tonight on the existing panel to determine if it can be updated to the 1.2 firmware. I will let you no once I have attempted the firmware update OTA.

There is no OTA updates for the existing 2GIG edge panel.
The new panel has the original firmware installed on it. I will need to apply the latest firmware once I bring the unit online.

To clarify, OTA above meant through Alarm.com directly, sent by the dealer (Surety in this case).

However, looks like 2GIG uploaded the firmware for USB transfer this morning or after hours last night.

You can find 1.2 patch notes and the file in the below forum post:

Tyler

I have updated the panel to the 1.2 version on the existing Panel. Can we attempt to take a backup so I can start the process to switch the unit out?

I have also place my alarm into TEST mode for the next 3 hours. It will expire at 2 PM CST.

The Backup has been run.

To prepare for the swap, please do the following:

1. Power down the existing panel.

• Disarm first
    • Unplug power supply from the wall outlet
    • Open the panel and disconnect the internal battery
  2. Ensure the new Edge panel is on 1.2 firmware

• No sensors or Z-Wave devices should be programmed into the new panel. This can cause the restore to fail.
  3. Then power down the new Edge panel fully as well.

4. Once both panels are off, submit a Private Message with the new Edge panel’s 15-digit IMEI number and confirm that both panels are powered down and you are ready to begin the swap. We can then begin the restore process.

Private Message was sent.

Received and the process has been initiated. At this time, please power up the new Edge panel completely and leave the old Edge off.

1. Wait for 15-30 minutes for the restoral information and settings to be transferred. A full sensor list populated in the panel indicates the restoral is near completion. After seeing a full sensor list in the new panel wait a few more minutes for panel settings and user codes, to restore.
  2. A reboot may occur once the process is complete. Once everything is restored, send a manual phone test to verify the panel is working properly.
  3. After the restoral is complete you can re-enroll any devices (e.g., Z-Wave devices) that may not have been restored to the new panel.

Unit is restoring so I will wait until it is completed. I see some of my Zones added to the panel. I think it is slower since it is over the cellular network. I think if the WIFI network is configured it may go faster.

Unit has finished restoring but a few things didn’t not transfer in the restore. The WIFI network did not restore and i had to manually add that to the unit. The voice descriptor names in the wireless zone for the first 10 devices did not restore but the zone is actually updated and programmed with the changes in the zone. The zones 11 through 21 are all programmed with voice descriptor names and zone information correctly. This one baffles me and I am thinking I will need to manually add the names to each zone. I would have to bring my older unit online to get the correct names for the zones.

Wireless information would not be expected to pass, only panel programming, RF programming and User codes.

Sensors can be renamed in Alarm.com, or at the panel. Sensor naming is typically more robust through Alarm.com, but does not get passed to the panel.

Thanks Tyler for the restore and this made it much easier than having to manually do this myself. I understand about the wireless information not being restored. Strange that some of the sensor naming restored and only the first 10 did not. Either way, I am happy that it all worked out well for me in this instance.