Zwave, WIFI and other protocols integration with iq4

Hello everyone. I have been running over 40+ zwave devices on my iq2 for almost 6 years. They were all paired with non secure way no S2 or S0 even when available. You ask why? well s2 and s0 from my experience on iq2 were extremely unstable. I have talk to qolsys about this and thay agreed that it was some kind of problem and that it will be fix with firmware. Since all was paired and well i just left it alone, Maybe restart of the panel once every 6 months to keep everything fresh. I recently switch to iq4 and figure has been years in making why not use iq4 to its fullest meaning use all secure z wave protocol like s2 and s0. well everything has been going great for few weeks and all the sudden same problems started. My s2 room temp sensors going offline and cannot be brought back. Switches showing “unreachable”. Super slow communication and delay as hell. Panel reset help previously so let’s reboot. Everything back on and we go for 2 day or so and back to the same issue again. Even when attempting to run rediscovery it will just stay there and spin. Same time if i run zwave daughter board test it will show fails, then few minutes later it will pass and everything start working again. Obviously whatever problem was with secured protocol still exists and has not been fix. Getting tire and old because I can’t use my panel to its fullest.

So why i’m here, well previously i seen people using other controllers and integrating that in to alarm.com or as secondary controller. I always use the panel because i like the integration in to one app and how everything works together when it works. Does anyone has any recommendations on what to use ? and how it will work with the panel? would it still let me integrate all zwave components like they are directly connected to the panel? what limitations should i be expecting if any? I do have a vera controller from before. I know it’s old but i do have it. Is it worth to use it? What should I purchase ?

IOr is there a way to turn off secure pairing on the panel? I know on iq2 i was sens a zwave daughter board that did not have secured protocol on it. All opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank !

So why i’m here, well previously i seen people using other controllers and integrating that in to alarm.com or as secondary controller. I always use the panel because i like the integration in to one app and how everything works together when it works. Does anyone has any recommendations on what to use ?

This is not supported by the IQ Panel 4. Qolsys used to support this a few years ago on earlier versions of the IQ Panel 2, but that is no longer the case. You’ll find a variety of posts on this topic here on the forum

Information specific to the IQ Panel 4 can be found in this thread:

IOr is there a way to turn off secure pairing on the panel? I know on iq2 i was sens a zwave daughter board that did not have secured protocol on…

Z-Wave daughtercard is non-removable on the IQ Panel 4. S2 S0 request cannot be disabled on the panel, more information on S0 and S2 can be found on page 98 of the IQ Panel 4 manual.

Hi Tyler,
He is saying the IQ Panel 4 and no secondary controller. Just using S0 or S2 instead on no encryption is failing after a few weeks for him.

I have been running with the IQ Panel 4 as a secondary controller for several months now and have not had any major problems that a simple re-boot hasn’t solved periodically. It just isn’t fun to set up initially.

@rob55d

Can you elaborate on your setup and what you have used ?

Thank you

Here is what zachary.cayou started with and I followed initially.

This was my addition

We are using the Zooz S700 stick with either a PC, or Raspberry pi. I am using Home assistant with the stick as primary controller and connecting the IQ Panel 4 as secondary.

The biggest thing I have found is when you do an NVM backup using Z-Wave PC controller from Silicone Labs, you have to do a restore of that same backup so that it will communicate again with the IQPanel 4.

Test the connection to the primary controller every once in a while to make sure they are still talking before trying to include a new device.

I carry the IQ Panel 4 and laptop with me so that they are close to each new device I am including and that has been very successful even on battery powered devices.

Have anybody ever play with Apple HomeKit and Homebridge?