Zwave motion dectector showing up

I have a zwavwe Ecolink Motion Sensor detector that I use to automatically turn on lights, but for some reason the 2GIG panel is seeing it and thinking it is a motion sensor that it should be able to use. I put it on zone two I believe even though I do not have anything on zone 2 configured on the panel.

Any way to remove it from the panel without excluding it from my zwave network or perhaps some way to configure the panel to not throw an alert about it not working?

The Z-wave device can not be learned in like a normal RF sensor. It looks like it was given a zone type but since it has no RF serial number it cannot be learned in, hence the error. You’ll need to go in to programming and mark zone 2 as unused.

Z-wave motion sensors are not compatible with the 2GIG panel. If you require a motion sensor, you will need to obtain a 2GIG compatible 345MHz motion sensor.

I have marked zone 2 as ununsed. I understand the z-wave motion sensors are not compatible with the 2GIG panel and I do not want the write alarm.com (emPower) rules around the z-wave motion, however I do need the z-wave motion sensor to be part of my z-wave network (smartthings hub/primary contoller - 2GIG panel/secondary controller) so that I can use the rules engine in smartthings to control z-wave device when motion is detected on the z-wave motion sensor. I have all this working however the 2GIG panel and the alarm.com app/website shows warning messages (see pictures) that is has failed or malfunctioned. While these messages cause no harm, they are annoying.

I understand I could replace the z-wave motion sensor with a 2GIG 345MHz sensor and use the emPower rules engine but it is not as flexible as the smartthings rules engine.

Is there any way for the 2GIG panel and alarm.com to not “see” just the z-wave motion sensor or some other method to get these warning messages to go away?

I have removed the z-wave motion sensor via the 2GIG panel but that removes the sensor from the entire z-wave network including from my smartthings hub.

I think there is some confusion here. To clarify:

Sensor programming and Z-wave programming are separate in the panel. They are not linked in any way. There are two separate issues here:

The error you see in the first and fourth image are regarding the Sensor Programming Zone which is incorrectly set up to try to use the Ecolink (which will not work). That Zone must be deleted. Equipment update requests on our end still show that zone as active. To remove a sensor zone please follow this video:

The Z-wave error in the second image, if the motion is Node 18, would be what you are referring to, having been sent over during the 2GIG - Primary controller Z-wave learn process, but it cannot be viewed from Alarm.com. No node 18 shows up in Alarm.com because it is not compatible.

The Alarm.com errors you see are specific to and only refer to the Sensor Zone Programming which needs to be changed.

The Z-wave device error is only seen on the panel. If you remove the motion’s batteries so that it is not active on the network, you should then be able to remove it from the Z-wave list by the instruction in image #2.

I marked zone 2 as unused and that fixed the errors on the alarm.com website.

I am still getting a warning on the panel itself under z-wave.
So I did the following:
“The Z-wave device error is only seen on the panel. If you remove the motion’s batteries so that it is not active on the network, you should then be able to remove it from the Z-wave list by the instruction in image #2.”

I removed the batteries from the motion sensor and selected remove from the panel under the z-wave menu and it removed the device from the panel but unfortunately it also removed it from the smartthings hub. I suppose I could re-add it to the smarttthings hub and just not do a repair z-wave network on the panel but that would just be a short term fix. I will have to do a repair z-wave network on the panel at some point like the next time I add a new smart switch to the z-wave network. My guess is that the motion device will once again be detected by the panel and then start showing the warning messages under z-wave panel again.

It appears there is no way to tell the panel to ignore incompatible z-wave devices and you either have to live with the z-wave warnings messages on the panel or just only use 345MHz motion sensors if you have your 2GIG panel as secondary to a smartthings hub. The downside of course to using only 345MHz motion sensors is that you can only use the emPower rule engine of alarm.com and not the rules engine of the smartthings hub.

Please let me know if you see anything I missed or have incorrect.

I removed the batteries from the motion sensor and selected remove from the panel under the z-wave menu and it removed the device from the panel but unfortunately it also removed it from the smartthings hub. I suppose I could re-add it to the smarttthings hub and just not do a repair z-wave network on the panel but that would just be a short term fix. I will have to do a repair z-wave network on the panel at some point like the next time I add a new smart switch to the z-wave network. My guess is that the motion device will once again be detected by the panel and then start showing the warning messages under z-wave panel again.

It appears there is no way to tell the panel to ignore incompatible z-wave devices and you either have to live with the z-wave warnings messages on the panel or just only use 345MHz motion sensors if you have your 2GIG panel as secondary to a smartthings hub. The downside of course to using only 345MHz motion sensors is that you can only use the emPower rule engine of alarm.com and not the rules engine of the smartthings hub.

Please let me know if you see anything I missed or have incorrect.

This sounds correct. Interesting that the 2GIG failed node removal was synced to that primary. Keep in mind there are no real functional impacts to having a failed node showing on the 2GIG panel, and ADC should not see it since it is not a compatible device type, so functionally you should be able to do what you are intending, just with the node error on the panel.