zwave lock: successful unlocking causes GC3 to beep with messages

every time a correct code is entered on the f599 schlage lock, it opens up, but GC3 starts beeping with a message that “multiple unsuccessful attempts were made to …”, and needs to be manually “marked as read”.

is there a way to avoid that?

Has it been doing this for every code since inclusion? Or did it start later?

What is the full alert? Is it a failed lock access alert?

Has it been doing this for every code since inclusion? Or did it start later?

yes, for every code since pairing.

Here is the exact message:

Multiple failed access attempts

How close were the lock and the panel when paired? This sounds like simply an incorrect status registering, but it would be sent by the lock.

Have you tried powering down the lock, waiting a few minutes, then powering it up? Try a code then, any change?

Also are the history events accurate, pulling the correct user code name when a code is used?

How close were the lock and the panel when paired? This sounds like simply an incorrect status registering, but it would be sent by the lock.

about a couple of feet

Have you tried powering down the lock, waiting a few minutes, then powering it up? Try a code then, any change?

do you mean unscrew the lead, take out the batteries, and put them back in? (have not tried it yet)

Also are the history events accurate, pulling the correct user code name when a code is used?

yes, the history events are accurate.

One thing I noticed in the “alarm.com / users”: there is a check mark next to a lock icon under the user, but it is not green, it is grey, and when hovered it says “lock … pending”

do you mean unscrew the lead, take out the batteries, and put them back in? (have not tried it yet)

Yes, fully power down the lock, leave it powered off for a minute, then power back up and use a code.

If this does not resolve the issue, it may be best to remove, factory default, and re-include the lock in the network. Any 2GIG panel alert would be based off of signals sent by the lock.

I am having the same issue with the same lock. Was there a solution to this problem?

Please try to power down per the above steps. Any Change?
What is the current firmware version on your panel?

Per the most recent compatibility guide from 2GIG, the FE599 from Schlage is not officially compatible with the GC3 at this time.

I am having the same issue with the same lock. Was there a solution to this problem?

the problem still remains.

this is one of the more frustrating annoyances of GC3. I hope FE599 and 2GIG will be able to figure it out. I have this problem for year and a half, and mostly not using FE599’s keypad for this reason.

I have not tried the latest firmware 3.2, but 3.1.3 still has this issue.

As above, per the most recent compatibility guide from 2GIG, the FE599 from Schlage is not officially compatible with the GC3. Any change to this would be included in firmware release notes, but unfortunately there is no ETA on any possible change.

The FE599 is in fact now listed as compatible only with legacy versions of Z-wave, and will not be updated by the manufacturer going forward. On newer Z-wave controllers it is not expected to function. See this post. This may make an update less likely.

just to confirm: problem still remains with the latest 3.2 firmware